Mary Poppins

For bairns and lasses

And me. Planning to attend. Spit spot etc.

I enjoy a bit of nostalgic light entertainment and a well produced film me. It doesn’t say anything about my age or my gender or my sexuality except that I’m mature enough to be comfortable and happy with all three. How about you Andy? :)

I can still enjoy a bit of well done thrash metal, if I’m in the mood, too.

Its absolutely shit, had a nap while it was on and was that boring me and other people got warned by security for playing on phone while it was on

Aye I saw it this afternoon, first in my triple-bill cinema day. Aquaman second (dogshit, it had me falling asleep for the first hour but cool effects at least) and now waiting for The Mule to start (new Clint Eastwood one).

Mary Poppins Returns was a very nice film, I really enjoyed it. Emily Blunt is perfectly cast (or is that practically perfect?) and the supporting characters are all well done, too. I think the songs will last but it’s hard for us to see that compared to the original film’s songs which are now 54 years old: obviously they have more sticking power compared to the sequel which has only been out for a few days. I thought The Place Where the Lost Things Go was particularly memorable, I’ve been humming it ever since I heard it for the first time earlier this week. I wonder if Lin-Manuel Miranda had any influence on the song he did towards the end, too: it had a strong hint of Hamilton in it.
Fuck me its Barry Norman

Back