Mary Poppins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just all of the stories you used to hear:

'Worked on Shearer's kitchen, he was a right arsehole'
'Done some decking for him, asked him a question about Gullit and he told me to fuck off'
'Wasn't allowed to look him in the eye'

Etc...
You hear the one about the golf course and the steward ?:lol::lol:

All I'm saying is I'm happy giving BBC 40p a day. No need to scrutinise and pull apart that statement and be so judgemental. It gives me plenty value thanks and I am not the apathetic person you sanctimoniously have decided I am.

It's only 40p and ostensibly (and subjectively) 'good' value because enough people who don't watch it are subsidising your viewing preferences!

It's not good value to them! As long as you're getting good value, though...

If the BBC was pay TV without subsidies, would it survive?

Howay then.
HAWAY!!
Too long a story to post but short story I heard was him, Harper and 2 others went out to first tee without signing in and paying.
Got collared by steward or whatever u call them and he gave it the do you know who I am shit.
Basically the steward said don't care who the fuck u are, no money no game.
They all slunk off with tails between legs.
Could be shite but .....:lol:

Bizarre people being offended by BBC wages. They provide great value for less than 40p a day.
They also provide appalling broadcasting for 40 pence a day. The BBC have been castigating businesses over gender pay and low and behold they have been guilty of it themselves. Blind eye to Jimmy Saville, Hutton report, 150 million wasted on defunct children's channel, wrongly accusing Lord Mcalpine of child abuse, 10 million pound on scrapped IT. I could go on

U
Only way to influence what is on the BBC is to get in touch with them, dodging the license fee certainly won't push them to the left. Fwiw I think they are reflective of the country, which has leant to the right over the past x years. Admittedly it's shifting left at the minute, but overall I'd say it was much, much more balanced than anything on the other channels.

Hard to get bothered by your mates dodging the license fee when so many of us watch sports on dodgy streams. If it's a political thing I think their tactic is fundamentally flawed, and if it's a financial thing I think it's daft as the £147 a year is buttons for the product you actually get.
£147 a year isn't nothing compared to the real nothing if you don't have a license.
If in the process it starves the neo liberal media of funding then that's well and good.
You can spend years complaining to the BBC but they will just ignore it as they are a law unto themselves and can't see any other way other than the one they have believed in since they left Public School.
Gary Lineaker is not worth 2m . They should give him a max of 500k and if he leaves get someone else who will do the job just as well.

HAWAY!!
Too long a story to post but short story I heard was him, Harper and 2 others went out to first tee without signing in and paying.
Got collared by steward or whatever u call them and he gave it the do you know who I am shit.

you know what? i actually believe they would do that tbh , no idea at all why the well off think they can do things like this , they do though

The money these presenters get is insane. I mean cmon they just sit there watching (sometimes) games of football and then spend 5 minutes telling us things we have just watched.

Our f***ing hard earned money is being spent on these twats instead of actual good programmes we can watch all week without scrapping about on over 100+ channels looking for ONE thing to watch.

I couldn't give a fuck who is presenting as long as they are decent. I bet they could get people just as good on A LOT less money than these leeches which would save fuck loads of money every year to invest in actual programmes etc..
Well said sir!

HAWAY!!

Surprised it was a negative story like.

They also provide appalling broadcasting for 40 pence a day. The BBC have been castigating businesses over gender pay and low and behold they have been guilty of it themselves. Blind eye to Jimmy Saville, Hutton report, 150 million wasted on defunct children's channel, wrongly accusing Lord Mcalpine of child abuse, 10 million pound on scrapped IT. I could go on
Fair enough but I love their radio & iPlayer services. People can pick faults with any company. Long live the BBC.

All I'm saying is I'm happy giving BBC 40p a day. No need to scrutinise and pull apart that statement and be so judgemental. It gives me plenty value thanks and I am not the apathetic person you sanctimoniously have decided I am.

Sorry mate

now you see, your assumptions are not correct. You have assumed. The word Assume , I was reliably inform by one of my old tutors never to use this word.. it only makes an ass of u and me. Communist with Capitalist Traits wit ha touch of liberalism may be closer or it may be not

Now you see, you have made an assumption but these are rarely correct. The word Assume , I was reliably inform by one of my old tutors wasnever to use this word.. it only makes an ass of u and me.

Now if you had said , A democratic Communist with Capitalist Traits with a sprinkling of liberalism, you may just be a little closer or ....you maybe not;)

Not your grammar tutor then?

Nah TMS is a lot better than MOTD

This. I actually think that while it's infrequent that their tennis coverage is far superior to their football coverage.

I actually like Shearer as a pundit, and I think Lineker is a good host, but many of the other panelists such as Keown, Murphy, Savage and Wright are absolutely horrible.

Their Football League coverage has always been horrible as well. Claridge is hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back