Marvel: Phase Four Announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

Also Interesting that they said one of the films beyond phase 4 will indeed be called "Mutants," a term they tried not to use until they got the IP back from fox

Excellent. Pleased they’re developing some new characters to supplement the classics. The lack of an obvious big threat or common strand running through the films doesn’t concern me. Thanos wasn’t teased until the end of Phase one, just infinity stone tidbits. I expect the same will be peeled away gradually in Phase 4, probably a multiverse threat.

I’ve every faith in some excellent origin films and people like Dr Strange really coming into their own. Marvel haven’t fucked up yet in 20 odd films, which is remarkable really.

Bit annoying that Daredevil doesn't get a look in imo.
It's been said that part of the Netflix contract states they're not allowed to even plan integrating Daredevil into the MCU until 2 years to the day season 3 ended. So if that's actually the case, we're looking at October 2020 until there's any talk of him possibly showing up in the Spider-Man 3.

Edit: Mind, Charlie Cox reckons he's contracted to appear in a film if Marvel ask him, so you never know.

Last edited:
Agreed. And DC. And Star Wars.
Don’t see why anyone who doesn’t like them cares.
I’ve no interest in Fast And Furious films, so I just choose not to watch them.
Why I care is because other studios see this and become less adventurous with what they choose to release as they see mindless repetitions of the same movies over and over and try for the same to make money. Same with things like endless releases of Jurassic Park which get weaker with each new episode. They're strangling the life out of cinematic originality. Why do anything new when you can reboot Spiderman every five years and people still go and pay to see it desire knowing what's going to happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why I care is because other studios see this and become less adventurous with what they choose to release as they see mindless repetitions of the same movies over and over and try for the same to make money. Same with things like endless releases of Jurassic Park which get weaker with each new episode. They're strangling the life out of cinematic originality.
Marvel films quality isn't dipping though
And it must bring in loads of cash that can be reinvested elsewhere.

Marvel films quality isn't dipping though
And it must bring in loads of cash that can be reinvested elsewhere.
They don't exactly set the bar that high in my opinion. Some of the CGI fight scenes are so far fetched as to be unexciting. And why invest anything in the fate of the characters when time travel? I'd imagine all the money goes into making new Marvel movies and Star Wars? And the never ending circle continues.

Why I care is because other studios see this and become less adventurous with what they choose to release as they see mindless repetitions of the same movies over and over and try for the same to make money. Same with things like endless releases of Jurassic Park which get weaker with each new episode. They're strangling the life out of cinematic originality. Why do anything new when you can reboot Spiderman every five years and people still go and pay to see it desire knowing what's going to happen?

Marvel films have yet to produce a weak/average one.
Without Disney taking over Star Wars, we wouldn’t have had Rouge One, which is outstanding.

I understand what you’re saying about less original scripts being picked up, but that’s just the way of the world unfortunately.
It’s the same for music. Polished pop pap with some cunt feat. some fucker, has been the way of music for years, but I just go back and discover bands/albums I might’ve missed when I fancy something new. Or dig deeper into smaller/independent stuff.
You can do the same for movies, as there’s plenty out there.

Last edited:
They don't exactly set the bar that high in my opinion. Some of the CGI fight scenes are so far fetched as to be unexciting. And why invest anything in the fate of the characters when time travel? I'd imagine all the money goes into making new Marvel movies and Star Wars? And the never ending circle continues.
seems like you take them a bit too seriously. I enjoy most of them for the comedy tbh and the escapism. Which is why Ragnarock is my favourite.

Back