Marvel: Phase Four Announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
seems like you take them a bit too seriously. I enjoy most of them for the comedy tbh and the escapism. Which is why Ragnarock is my favourite.
Maybe. I'm easily irritated and I love film. I just feel like something has been missing since comic book movies became so popular. It's like people and studios have almost given up?

Maybe. I'm easily irritated and I love film. I just feel like something has been missing since comic book movies became so popular. It's like people and studios have almost given up?
Still plenty of class film come out. I'm a lot less likely to see some think like.... 3 billboards at the cinema now, I guess lots of people are the same way.

Still plenty of class film come out. I'm a lot less likely to see some think like.... 3 billboards at the cinema now, I guess lots of people are the same way.
See, I'm more likely to go and see that kind of stuff at the cinema. I did, in fact. Seemingly most people only want to go out for Marvel or the like as you say and I guess the studios don't want to take the risk of releasing an interesting concept that could bomb any more. For me there has been a noticeable decline in original movies - either they are dropping in number or they are only being shown at select cinemas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some studios are lazy, granted. However, these superhero films are basically propping up cinema - ensuring that cinemas can stay open whilst allowing studios and filmmakers the financial leeway to experiment. The Russo brothers will be able to do what they want for life - just like Nolan will - based on their success with comic book films.

Back