Martin O'Neill

The Norwich game everyone talks about wasn't even our worst performance against Norwich of the last 5-6 years, we were utterly pathetic against them away under Poyet (0-2) and at home under Dick (3-1).

The football in his second season was shit but not as bad as the dross Poyet churned out in his second season imo.

Agree he's well past it now though.

The other 2 games were shocking of course but Norwich weren’t down to 10 for most of the game in them. Seems like we played for a draw even against 10 men.

Still maintain my opinion that we would have been relegated under him, I don’t think we’d have got 6 points from Newcastle and Everton.

I don't hate him any bad will but o have never disliked football more than his second season with us. I've never seen anything quite like it and that includes Buxton playing 5 at the back and 2 out of 3 subs being defenders.

He finished just above relegation with Leicester didnt he?

Raneri won the league that’s some finishing off!

Didn’t they win 7 of last 9 to stay up? I’m sure he built most of the squad too, but his reputation as a prize self opinionated knob is the main reason he hasn’t had job offers I think

So, Aitor Karanka leaves Middlesbrough and they appoint dinosaur, bus-packing Pulis. Karanka now leaves Forest and they appoint O'Neill.
Once Karanka leaves his next manager post, put your money on Hodgson or Benitez

Snap re membership. Canny club. Keep meaning to have a word with Frank Clark. He presented me with my first football medals
Franks a Gentleman and his wife is a typical North East Lass, lovely woman. I had the craic with them at a mutual friends (club members as well) party a year or so ago.

I really should get up there more often but tend to go out on the bike for general fitness sessions in the summer and can't swim as much as I used to due to ear problems! Often used to see a lot of the Forest lads up there, Jenas was always there when he was young and Platt used to virtually live up there.

Back