Martin Olsson

Flanagan isn't an experienced centre half. He's an experienced right back being forced to play left centre back because Ross forgot we have to play wing backs and 3 centre backs in a back 5. The formation/set up fucked them both.

Mind, Hume playing out of postion doesn't excuse his poor final ball.
That’s nonsense like. He’s played twice as many career games at centre half than he has at fullback. Even at Burton (the only place he’s had sustained games at full back) he played a third of his games in the middle

That’s nonsense like. He’s played twice as many career games at centre half than he has at fullback. Even at Burton (the only place he’s had sustained games at full back) he played a third of his games in the middle

Before Burton he managed double figures in a season twice (21 and 13) in his whole career. Burton pushed him out to full back and he produced the best form of his career. Never the less they still binned him because he wasn't good enough so we signed him and Ross refused to play him left side of the CB's and publicly said he wanted a left sided defender. He signed Dunne for that reason (right footed still) on the basis he was more comfortable on that side.

In the summer, after Dunne left, and you would presume we needed a left sided CB (going off Ross' words and actions prior) but instead we signed a right sided CB and a RB to play in what was then the system we spent all summer on, which has since been shelved as it was destroying us. And then he chose to put Flanagan to that left side despite acknowledging last seaoan he couldn't play there, and refused to play him there, with either Baldwin or Dunne playing that side instead.

Just read this...

I don’t want to read it again marra. It shames me too deeply to think I support the same team as them...

Before Burton he managed double figures in a season twice (21 and 13) in his whole career. Burton pushed him out to full back and he produced the best form of his career. Never the less they still binned him because he wasn't good enough so we signed him and Ross refused to play him left side of the CB's and publicly said he wanted a left sided defender. He signed Dunne for that reason (right footed still) on the basis he was more comfortable on that side.

In the summer, after Dunne left, and you would presume we needed a left sided CB (going off Ross' words and actions prior) but instead we signed a right sided CB and a RB to play in what was then the system we spent all summer on, which has since been shelved as it was destroying us. And then he chose to put Flanagan to that left side despite acknowledging last seaoan he couldn't play there, and refused to play him there, with either Baldwin or Dunne playing that side instead.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m certainly not arguing that he’s a GOOD centre half. He’s very much a shit John O’Shea.

Just read this...

First comment about Henderson’s work rate 😂😂😂 ffs man

I can't see us signing Olsson as I don't think his situation suits our circumstances.

The pressure is on for us to get promoted and we are not exactly free spenders.
I don't think we can afford to take a risk on him as out first choice left back with Hume as 2nd choice. It could very easily become Hume for the season.

I think his situation suits a club in championship that can reletively cheaply take a punt on him with other capable LB's if he breaks down.

Since 01 July, he’s been on £0 per week.

Something above £0 per week will represent a definite improvement for him and could be within our price range

Offer him a reasonable basic wage and pay as you play bonus with the option to leave for a low fee if a club on a higher league wants him next summer.

Could be decent car everyone and doesn't tie us to paying crazy money to a crock.

I will get lambasted for this....but IF we are to try three at the back again I would go for Baldwin LCB, Ozturk in the Middle and Willis as RCB. I think it would be lush.

Last edited:

Back