Martin Bain supposed to be attending

Just out of interest how do you get to be a "Senior Supporter"? Why is it deemed necessary to have them and what do they discuss with the Club that wouldn't come within the remit of any supporters group?

Genuine questions. I have never heard of them before I just thought that the was a supporters committee of some sort.

The Senior Supporters Group has existed since 1987. Members, mostly retired and some in their eighties, meet at the stadium once a month. Speakers, such as former players, club officials, referees etc, are organised. Average attendance is 130. They are all lifelong supporters. Many are widows or widowers so it is a good social event for them
So it's grab a granny night?

Seems Short and due diligence do not go together .

Bain modelled part-time and worked in a Glasgow city-centre bar before focusing on a career in marketing and public relations and his lack of a serious business pedigree irked critics and the envious when he began to climb the greasy pole in Govan.

But he is nothing if not tenacious and survived serious illness to reshape his life as a young man. He also bounced back from a failed business venture early in his career.

Bain recalled: "I had attended Glasgow University but left to start a new life in South Africa before completing my degree course. While I was out there, I contracted malaria and returned to Scotland to make my recovery.

"When I was fully fit again I attempted to enter the world of publishing by producing a marketing magazine but that venture went belly up.

"Then I became an accounts manager with a company who were handling a sponsorship involving Scottish Brewers and Rangers."

Bain did such a good job that Rangers wanted him on their side and offered him a position at Ibrox.

Bain is married to Suzie and they have two teenage sons, Jack and Luke, and has freely admitted the nature of his job is such that winning friends has not always been easy.

He said: "All of that may explain why I have gone bald so early in life, but I am here to drive a hard bargain in Rangers' best interests."

Early in his career, Bain kept a low profile but was drawn into a bung probe mystery in the French media when it was confirmed he used £150,000 deposited in his Monaco bank account by a Serbian football agent to buy a £300,000 holiday home near Cannes.

However, Murray defended Bain to the hilt. He admitted the chief executive had received cash from agent Ranko Stojic but maintained it related to the purchase of a property from former Manchester City defender Laurent Charvet

Last edited:
Snippets from Bain today:

Obviously bog standard craic:
  • said he was headhunted for the job
  • he is doing a great job, has tightened things up significantly,
  • need to improve all aspects of football side i.e recruitment and scouting
So nowt new there.......

Coleman:

• Absolutely loves it here (as does his family) and in his words - he is not just passing through, even if the worst happens he'll still be here next season

So nowt new there.......

Coleman:

• Absolutely loves it here (as does his family) and in his words - he is not just passing through, even if the worst happens he'll still be here next season
Bain thinks highly of himself like.

So nowt new there.......

Coleman:

Bain. :lol:

Billy bullshitter. Male model in loving himself shocker. Two consecutive relegations and the club in its worst state ever.

So nowt new there.......

Coleman:

Did anyone point out he's been here 2 years and he's done fk all about improving recruiting and scouting?

Did anyone point out he's been here 2 years and he's done fk all about improving recruiting and scouting?

My reply isn't very structured as I've got a lot on so just posting of the cuff as I remember it:-

Bain headhunted by Short to restructure the club with particular reference to finances and the actual football side and he went for Moyes. Non committal on Moyes "relegation fight" comment after 2 matches and hinted that action on Moyes could possibly have been taken sooner.

On arrival found the scouting network costing £800,000 a year in salaries with expenses and travel taking the bill well over the million pounds mark. The wrong type of players recruited had previously been found not to be robust enough for the club, the area or the situation the club was in. This has been addressed but progress has been extremely slow and the club need to get closer to the real power brokers who influence players , in Coleman's words the agents and he made it clear he wasn't a great fan of them. "Ordinary players becoming millionaires"

Coleman said "Jack Rodwell doesn't want to play football" he's been offered the chance to play elsewhere and has declined. He's the only player he knows who got injured when he was injured! Bain said they've tried various ways to resolve the situation PFA etc, but it's difficult to prove /disprove illness or injury and under employmnt law he's got a contract and looks like he''s sticking to it.

Both Coleman and Bain stated in no uncertain terms that the only way our current situation will change is with new owners and Coleman is sticking to this task whatever happens; even the unthinkable. Coleman has still not had even one conversation with Ellis Short

That’s the problem - Bain thinks this is going well. f***ing bellend.

he’s got different goals to us. We are customers and are interested in the product. He is a businessman and interested in taking our money. He’s saved on the staff costs in the premier concourse and seemingly thinks this is success. And that we care? I think I speak for everyone when I say I celebrated this news like a goal, right?

Put a team on the pitch you bald f***ing pillock

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems Short and due diligence do not go together .

Bain modelled part-time and worked in a Glasgow city-centre bar before focusing on a career in marketing and public relations and his lack of a serious business pedigree irked critics and the envious when he began to climb the greasy pole in Govan.

But he is nothing if not tenacious and survived serious illness to reshape his life as a young man. He also bounced back from a failed business venture early in his career.

Bain recalled: "I had attended Glasgow University but left to start a new life in South Africa before completing my degree course. While I was out there, I contracted malaria and returned to Scotland to make my recovery.

"When I was fully fit again I attempted to enter the world of publishing by producing a marketing magazine but that venture went belly up.

"Then I became an accounts manager with a company who were handling a sponsorship involving Scottish Brewers and Rangers."

Bain did such a good job that Rangers wanted him on their side and offered him a position at Ibrox.

Bain is married to Suzie and they have two teenage sons, Jack and Luke, and has freely admitted the nature of his job is such that winning friends has not always been easy.

He said: "All of that may explain why I have gone bald so early in life, but I am here to drive a hard bargain in Rangers' best interests."

Early in his career, Bain kept a low profile but was drawn into a bung probe mystery in the French media when it was confirmed he used £150,000 deposited in his Monaco bank account by a Serbian football agent to buy a £300,000 holiday home near Cannes.

However, Murray defended Bain to the hilt. He admitted the chief executive had received cash from agent Ranko Stojic but maintained it related to the purchase of a property from former Manchester City defender Laurent Charvet

Former male model and college dropout.
Pretty much a middle age surfer dude.

Back