Marriage

Men basically get forced into it as its every woman's dream don't they? Like I'm sure most men would happily just date/live with a woman and be happy enough?

Morrissey summed it up pretty well "would you like to marry me, and if you like you can buy the ring!?"

Us men are manipulated into proposing, the little fuckers :lol:

Must admit I've gone off the idea of marriage. Neither me nor the missus are religious so we don't feel that we need to get married for that reason.

I used to want to get married and then I thought "why"? To prove to each other that we're committed? Well we've had a kid together so that's quite a decent commitment already. To give ourselves a memorable wedding day? Not worth it for the hassle of organising it and paying thousands of pounds for. To have the same surname? Could do that by deed poll if it was a big thing. Half the time the lass wants it but equally I think a lot of it is done for the families; I'm sure my parents and hers would love a nice wedding and to tell people that one of their kids is married. I don't see the benefit of it personally. Cost a lot, be a pain in the arse to plan and then, if you do split up (which can always happen even to a strong relationship) you have to give her half of what you own. Fuck that.

Must admit I've gone off the idea of marriage. Neither me nor the missus are religious so we don't feel that we need to get married for that reason.

I used to want to get married and then I thought "why"? To prove to each other that we're committed? Well we've had a kid together so that's quite a decent commitment already. To give ourselves a memorable wedding day? Not worth it for the hassle of organising it and paying thousands of pounds for. To have the same surname? Could do that by deed poll if it was a big thing. Half the time the lass wants it but equally I think a lot of it is done for the families; I'm sure my parents and hers would love a nice wedding and to tell people that one of their kids is married. I don't see the benefit of it personally. Cost a lot, be a pain in the arse to plan and then, if you do split up (which can always happen even to a strong relationship) you have to give her half of what you own. Fuck that.
Even though I'm married, I kind of agree with that. I don't get why people get married only to have a massive do. Just have a do anyway.

I do however understand why people who want kids together get married as it gives both sides (regardless of what the blokes say) some legal protection, as well as the kids themselves.

just nip down the register office. couple fo witnesses then in a year or two just drop it into conversation

Back