Marriage certificates

Turn it over- there’s a translation on the back :D

Have you ever googled the Italian vows translated into English? They’re brilliant.

I only remember being asked to repeat the one phrase...."Lo volio" which I was told translates to "I wish it to happen"

Could have been telling me owt mind.

Will have to dig it out and have a look ;)

Remember paying two students 25 euro's each to be witnesses

EDIT

just googled it and memory not too bad ...Lo Voglio translates to I do

Last edited:
Got hitched in Italy...got some piece of paper somewhere but God knows what it says.

Might not even be legal ?

Here's hoping ;)
Not that Mrs K or me are religious but we got married in Colchester Garrison church. I found out later that it wasn’t legally certified (my words) to conduct marriages. 28 years later….😢

Here’s the link

Last edited:
I only remember being asked to repeat the one phrase...."Lo volio" which I was told translates to "I wish it to happen"

Could have been telling me owt mind.

Will have to dig it out and have a look ;)

Remember paying two students 25 euro's each to be witnesses

EDIT

just googled it and memory not too bad ...Lo Voglio translates to I do
We had the local Mayor and a translator. It sounded so lovely and beautiful in Italian, and then the translator told us what we were agreeing to - there’s something about sharing the raising of the family equally, which was a nice surprise!

We had the local Mayor and a translator. It sounded so lovely and beautiful in Italian, and then the translator told us what we were agreeing to - there’s something about sharing the raising of the family equally, which was a nice surprise!

I still remember the mayor getting pissed off because he could speak better English than the translator.

Yeah we had the local Mayoress resplendent in her sash etc.
Do remember them asking beforehand what level you were educated to ? Bit random I thought.

We never wanted or indeed have had kids, so probably glazed over that bit about raising a family equally :lol:

Yeah we had the local Mayoress resplendent in her sash etc.
Do remember them asking beforehand what level you were educated to ? Bit random I thought.

We never wanted or indeed have had kids, so probably glazed over that bit about raising a family equally :lol:
I can’t remember that!

I do remember getting my typed out certificate and for Place of Birth for me it says “Gasington”

I realised my capital E must have looked like a capital G on the form. Oops. Im stuck with it now.

I can’t remember that!

I do remember getting my typed out certificate and for Place of Birth for me it says “Gasington”

I realised my capital E must have looked like a capital G on the form. Oops. Im stuck with it now.

The education thing didn’t go on the certificate...seem to recall the translator suggesting it was for local records.

Was nearly 18 years ago but sure I didn’t imagine it ;)

Might have a look and see if I can find the paperwork etc

I got married in the Dominican Republic, I honesty don't think it was legal if the certificate is owt to go by. They stuck a postal stamp on it to try to make it look legit.
Did Mick Jagger not have a wedding annulled when he got married over there?

Iirc 16-18 year olds can get married with permission of a parent. Maybe it's something to do with that.
Or maybe this day and age, there's so many bastards getting married, where their parents obviously aren't married.
So a more defined "proof of parentage" might be needed with Father and Mother's name are needed.
Just a guess.

Got married in Russia. Pretty sure there's no mention of anyone's parents on the certificate. Mind, the certificate itself is a fine piece of self-important bureaucracy, built into its own little folder. If I was planning to knock off a fake, and wanted it to look incredibly significant and official while remaining largely unintelligible, that' would be my template.

Got married in Russia. Pretty sure there's no mention of anyone's parents on the certificate. Mind, the certificate itself is a fine piece of self-important bureaucracy, built into its own little folder. If I was planning to knock off a fake, and wanted it to look incredibly significant and official while remaining largely unintelligible, that' would be my template.
You do realise you’re owned by the Russians now though don’t you. They’ll be watching your every move and there’s a bottle of novichok with your name on it should you ever step out of line.

I’ll have to go into hiding just for writing that.

Back