Mark Wood

Where is he? Hasnt been spotted around the team at all, Dropped out of the IPL, Not picked up in the Hundred despite apparently having no reserve, is he injured cant remember seeing anything, do we expect to see him at all for us in the CC to prep for tests or keeping his powder dry for the World cup

Know the reason for England being careful with his workload but wonder if there's as much of a risk taking him to the T20 World Cup without having bowled as there is in giving him just a game or two beforehand.

Know the reason for England being careful with his workload but wonder if there's as much of a risk taking him to the T20 World Cup without having bowled as there is in giving him just a game or two beforehand.
that was my thought, played 3 tests of the 5 in india? long time to not bowl anything between march and June
We've got a 4 match T20 series against Pakistan in May. He'll play in that you'd have thought.

I'd somehow missed that thanks. No chance of us seeing him this summer then.
Yeah I'd be very surprised even though I'm sure he'd love to. Him doing the team photos and always mentioning Durham shows how much he values the club.

But even at the end of the season we've got an Aussie ODI/T20 series(an utterly pointless series that'll no doubt take him away from Durham duties).

Wonder if we got to finals day the ECB might relent and let him play!

Last edited:
Yeah I'd be very surprised even though I'm sure he'd love to. Him doing the team photos and always mentioning Durham shows how much he values the club.

But even at the end of the season we've got an Aussie ODI/T20 series(an utterly pointless series that'll no doubt take him away from Durham duties).

Wonder if we got to finals day the ECB might relent and let him play!
As much as I highly rate Mark Wood if we make it to finals day I think it would be a bit harsh dropping a player who got them there.

As much as I highly rate Mark Wood if we make it to finals day I think it would be a bit harsh dropping a player who got them there.
Well it's happened before with other teams. (Doesn't really strike me as something Woody would do mind)

Finals day is sandwiched between two T20I's for England. So be interesting to see who makes the day and who they release for it.

Ridiculous scheduling of the Aussie games and obviously also the four month blast campaign too :lol:

Last edited:

Back