Mark Lanegan - Any fans on here?

Got a Screaming Trees album and a couple of his solo albums (forgetting which ones). Never listened to them in years so might dig them out.

Saw them at Newcastle Riverside 95/96. Around the time of Dust possibly. I thought they both suffered and benefitted from grunge.
They seemed to get lumped in with any other guitar based US band which did obviously get them some publicity when they may have not got any otherwise. Never understood why Soundgarden 'made it' but other similarish bands of the time floundered.

A band that probably never made the album that they were capable of. Must admit I've not followed Mark's solo career but if anyone would care to name a record that is worthy of a listen, I'll have a go.

Saw them at Newcastle Riverside 95/96. Around the time of Dust possibly. I thought they both suffered and benefitted from grunge.
They seemed to get lumped in with any other guitar based US band which did obviously get them some publicity when they may have not got any otherwise. Never understood why Soundgarden 'made it' but other similarish bands of the time floundered.

A band that probably never made the album that they were capable of. Must admit I've not followed Mark's solo career but if anyone would care to name a record that is worthy of a listen, I'll have a go.
I'd start with Whiskey for the Holy Ghost. Although Bubblegum is probably most like Screaming Trees but not really (you can tell he was influenced by his time with QOTSA when he recorded it).

Screaming Trees shite? Dont be daft. Dust & Sweet Oblivion are far better than ANY of his solo albums
Listened to Sweet Oblivion today and I stand by my earlier post. Some good early moments musically and obviously great vocals but there's really not much to get excited about and its at least 3 tracks too long.
Soz marrow

Mainly because Soundgarden were excellent and Badmotorfinger is one great album.

Back