Marijuana

Balls.

When I used to smoke all day every day and was forced to stop for whatever reason it was horrible.
Horrible how? I smoked for 25 years and stopped overnight. The only effects I had were that I started getting up for a piss in the night instead of sleeping through. It’s hardly a heroin comedown.

:lol:

I was thinking maybe stopping cigarette contributed to what you mentioned, but if you kept smoking cigs then obviously not
I still smoke placebo joints like. I make a camberwell carrot out of three super king menthol and puff away on it for about an hour. My brain thinks it’s still smoking so it’s happy. Plus you get a massive nicotine rush.

Last edited:
Some people can stop without experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Some hard users do suffer withdrawal symptoms though, mainly psychological, but they can be physical as well.

No I'm sorry, but you are wrong. It absolutely is an addictive substance.

Agreed. It's not something that passes after a few hours either. It's like one or two weeks before the dysphoria comes to an end.
Read this https://peopleofstort.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/woottonreport1969.pdf most of your theories were blown out of the water 50 years ago mate, if Jim C had acted at the time this argument could have been put to bed long ago.

Horrible how? I smoked for 25 years and stopped overnight. The only effects I had were that I started getting up for a piss in the night instead of sleeping through. It’s hardly a heroin comedown.

Sweaty insomnia, horrible paranoia/anxiety and generally feeling like shite.

Nowt like heroin obviously but it's a sign of being hooked nonetheless.

Spot on once starting again.

Read this https://peopleofstort.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/woottonreport1969.pdf most of your theories were blown out of the water 50 years ago mate, if Jim C had acted at the time this argument could have been put to bed long ago.

Mate, that 'report' is from 1967, and it's not remotely scientific. It literally refers to 'reports from the Middle East' as a citation. Are you really trying to claim that report disproves the existence of cannabis withdrawal and/or cannabis addiction?

Cannabis use has changed since 1967, in fact I'd say it's changed since the 90's, and that it has changed once again quite recently with all this 'medical grade' stuff knocking about.

To answer another person about how the withdrawal manifests, it can bring about severe agitation and dysphoria, headaches and palpitations.

Sweaty insomnia, horrible paranoia/anxiety and generally feeling like shite.

Nowt like heroin obviously but it's a sign of being hooked nonetheless.

Spot on once starting again.
Then again I only smoked hash, Green is a completely different thing!- almost a different drug. Last time I smoked it I woke up lying on the ground.

Then again I only smoked hash, Green is a completely different thing!- almost a different drug. Last time I smoked it I woke up lying on the ground.

Aye, was about 6 years back when we were using it all the time.

Had a couple of tokes at Download this year and was gone for a couple of hours.

Like I say, plenty of wasters, job or not, will smoke cannabis. I think it's more a case of those sorts gravitating to cannabis than it being the result of.

Many seems to think it's just lazy stoners and chavs consuming cannabis, but it's really not the case. Those with more to lose are just more secretive. My friend knows a police officer who still occasionally ffs :lol:.

It's not for everyone mind, just like alcohol and cigarettes.
Each there own marra .

Same here. Had some pollen at Kendal after loads of drink and ended up being removed from the main stage area by my mates as my ‘dancing’ involved staggering about knocking children over :lol:
Can fuck you up when mixed with drink like.

Mate, that 'report' is from 1967, and it's not remotely scientific. It literally refers to 'reports from the Middle East' as a citation. Are you really trying to claim that report disproves the existence of cannabis withdrawal and/or cannabis addiction?

Cannabis use has changed since 1967, in fact I'd say it's changed since the 90's, and that it has changed once again quite recently with all this 'medical grade' stuff knocking about.

To answer another person about how the withdrawal manifests, it can bring about severe agitation and dysphoria, headaches and palpitations.
You're confusing dependence with addiction

Marijuana isn't a physically addictive substance but a tiny percentage of people can become dependent

Back