1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Margate

Discussion in 'SMB' started by dangermows, May 19, 2017.

1. dangermows

dangermows Striker

"No longer an English place now, with far too many Indians, Afghans and EU migrants".

"Too many foreigners have removed our traditions and identity".

"Our jobs, and our values have now gone"

According to the locals on the news.

2. Horatio Pugwash

Horatio Pugwash Striker

what would they know about it?

3. Jasper

Jasper Striker

This is a high class bureau de change not some two bit Punch and Judy show on the sea front at Margate!

[​IMG]

Artie Fufkin likes this.
  4. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

5. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Winger

I love hearing people complain about "them" taking their jobs, yet when the jobs were available, none of them would go near them!

6. Popeye

Popeye Midfield

To be fair and if I'm not mistaken these were a number of 70/80 something elderly people enjoying a pleasant game of indoor bowls who presented these answers.

7. UTW

UTW Central Defender

Never understood people saying "they took our jobs". Unless they're illegally working for less than minimum wage then there's no real argument.

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  8. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Winger

They should get down to Fabric this weekend! Free entry for pensioners!

Popeye likes this.
  9. Jasper

Jasper Striker

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our small business startups like hand car washes and pizza shops.

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  10. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Winger

:lol: BOOM!

11. Oli Wagkz

Oli Wagkz Striker

Aye seen that on the news, was just a load of silly old shites twisting on. Also Margate looks shite.

12. TZMouk

TZMouk Full Back

The vast majority of old people shouldn't be used in the media because they're opinions are usually wrong. That includes my grandad who firmly believes that following Brexit the Wear will start building ships again.

13. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Goalkeeper

badly worded but i get where they are coming from.

14. Jasper

Jasper Striker

It's always been called Margate.

The Legendary Tongue likes this.
  15. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Goalkeeper

bravo

16. I wonder if The Great Raymondo is still doing a turn down there.

17. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

I've always thought that. If somebody from Eastern Europe comes here, English is not their first language, probably doesn't know the area that well, maybe they don't have so many qualifications - the person complaining their job has been taken must be pretty fucking weak to be beaten in a job interview.

kossoff likes this.
  18. Having more people than jobs means that there is competition for said jobs and wages don't need to be as competitive. Immigration has helped facilitate that model.

I'm not against immigration, and have nothing against people coming here wishing to start a better life. I do think we should acknowledge that immigration has helped the "haves" at the expense of the hoi polloi though.

riffraff likes this.
  19. Digsys dinner

Digsys dinner Central Defender

Imagine being narrow minded

20. Lord Potts

Lord Potts Winger

I have spent quite a bit of my time in the Margate area over the past couple of years as well a the surrounding towns of Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Sandwich and the notion that these areas are over run by immigrants or are any where near to it is utter bollocks.
    It is true that a number of Eastern Europeans are used as low paid labour on the fruit farms and market gardens in the area. These people are obviouly attracted by the filthy leaking ancient caravans that they are offered as all year round living accommodation by many of the farmers who employ them. Pop down and have a look at what a number of our hard done by farmers get away with.