Mare of Easttown

Just finished watching this. Thought it was excellent and Winslet perfect in the lead role, but I'm going to go against the grain here and say the last episode wasn't needed.
The twist was one twist too far and a lot of the tying stuff together didn't feel right. How did a weedy young lad drag a dead body? How did his Dad not see that he had replied from his phone?
The ex and his fiancee would still hate Mare and wouldn't be having cosy meals and inviting her to the wedding.
An addict who is back on the gear wouldn't have turned up to explain why she couldn't take the bairn and bring him a present.
Not sure why Guy Pearce was in it.
I think they could have had the John Ross reveal at the end of episode six and we'd all be happy.

Just finished watching this. Thought it was excellent and Winslet perfect in the lead role, but I'm going to go against the grain here and say the last episode wasn't needed.
The twist was one twist too far and a lot of the tying stuff together didn't feel right. How did a weedy young lad drag a dead body? How did his Dad not see that he had replied from his phone?
The ex and his fiancee would still hate Mare and wouldn't be having cosy meals and inviting her to the wedding.
An addict who is back on the gear wouldn't have turned up to explain why she couldn't take the bairn and bring him a present.
I think they could have had the John Ross reveal at the end of episode six and we'd all be happy.

Tough audience you! I thought the twist was just plausible enough to make it spectacular. Bit of artistic license is allowed I think.

He was just a bit love interest. Not anybodys fault but the viewers if they chose to get their knickers in a twist over him cos he used to be in Neighbours and that. :lol:

The girl who died was hardly a colossus.

If it can happen in Midsomer......

Just caught up with the last couple of episodes and agree with everybody here who thought it was great but.....

What was going on with Dylan and his mate, and Jess? Why were they so desperate to stop her from talking to the police?!?

Nobody answered last time, so I'll ask again as I'm still puzzled.

Back