Marcus Maddison Via Instagram

FFS, it seems like every post on here ends up with the Maja situation.

He didn't want to play, he packed up and fucked off before even sealing his transfer to push it thru....he basically went on strike.

Ross said some kind words about him after he left as he didn't want to bad mouth the lad publicly and in doing so put a line under it so the media couldn't keep asking him questions about it.

There's also folk on here giving the owners shit and saying they cashed in on Maja......how the fuck did they cash in when they spent more on a transfer fee and wages for Maja's replacement?

It's time this was put to bed, the lads done nothing off note since he left and even ended up injured, something that could have easily happened if he had stayed here for the rest of the season.

Move the fuck on or just have a dedicated post for Maja's departure. Sick of seeing his f***ing name tbh.

Agreed, people using this as a stick to beat the owners with. What if we didn't sell and forced him to honour his contract I knowing he would go for free at the end and instead of firing us to promotion he couldn't be arsed as he didn't want to get injured before his move or spat his dummy out.

There was risks either way and people would be saying how stupid they were if the above happend, equally they could be praising the owners if Grigg scored the goals to get us promotion.

You sound incredibly bitter about it. What's your thoughts on Defoe out of interest?

I read it as a dig at the people still moaning about the transfer than at the lad for wanting to move onto a better opportunity.

Last edited:

first well done on promotion , do you think you will hold your own, and how many do you think you should sign and what positions do you think you should need to make stronger

I’ve no idea how we’ll fair to be honest, what I want is attacking passing football played at a good pace, quick tricky wingers, and a decent position high up in the XG table :lol:. If we try playing the right way I don’t care if we’re relegated again, As long as we keep our three central midfielders I think that’s strong enough, we need a couple of centre halfs, a goalkeeper, a striker or two, and although not essential I’d like a upgrade on our full backs. I think we’ll bring in 5or6 I hope we get 8or9.

Agreed, people using this as a stick to beat the owners with. What if we didn't sell and forced him to honour his contract I knowing he would go for free at the end and instead of firing us to promotion he couldn't be arsed as he didn't want to get injured before his move or spat his dummy out.

There was risks either way and people would be saying how stupid they were if the above happend, equally they could be praising the owners if Grigg scored the goals to get us promotion.

I read it as a dig at the people still moaning about the transfer than at the lad for wanting to move onto a better opportunity.

Why though? Even our owner spoke about it on a podcast a couple of weeks ago. Is he getting grief for mentioning his name?

I'm not bitter about it, I just wish people would move on from it.

The lad didn't want to be here and I don't think keeping him for a few month and trying to force him to play when he'd already packed up his gear and left would have been beneficial for either party.

Who was it who said he had packed up his gear and went because the manager has said his attitude on and off the pitch was terrific.

Who was it who said he had packed up his gear and went because the manager has said his attitude on and off the pitch was terrific.

Nick Barnes said it whilst on the air with total sport the day it happened.

Don't think Ross is the type to kick off in the press, he drew a line under it and a lot of our fans now need to do the same.

So you think we played the Maja situation correctly ? Personally i'm not a SD hater by any means they did a lot right but i do think they ballsed up on this one to a 'costing us promotion' level and Ross gets the shit for it.
Could we of handled it better maybe but the difference between us going up and not going up wasn’t down to Maja leaving had he stayed he very likely wouldn’t of kept his goal ratio up. Our problem was our inability to kill teams off and that inability was there even with Maja here

Could we of handled it better maybe but the difference between us going up and not going up wasn’t down to Maja leaving had he stayed he very likely wouldn’t of kept his goal ratio up. Our problem was our inability to kill teams off and that inability was there even with Maja here

That's nonesense. He didn't have to keep his, frankly ridiculous, record up. He just had to score 3 or 4 more than Grigg. Not even that of he scored against Barnsley and Portsmouth

Nick Barnes said it whilst on the air with total sport the day it happened.

Don't think Ross is the type to kick off in the press, he drew a line under it and a lot of our fans now need to do the same.

It wasn't in the press Ross spoke about it and he had no reason to bring it up. I find it extremely hard to belive Maja was so desperate to leave the club he packed his locker to get awat quicker but still had time to buy all the staff gifts.

I also don't think cleaning your locker out means attitude problem, or refusal to play either. He just meant to leave all his gear?

Close, he's from Doggie and started out with the SAFC foundation where he was highly regarded by his coaches.
Coxhoe mags are 95% plastic members of the SKY Branch, whereas Coxhoe SAFC are not.

Gan on Jackie lad, get them telt. 100% true.

Marcus Maddison is the same age as my son and played for Sunderland Academy then was released and picked up by Newcastle. Also played for Ferryhill Town U12's!

Last edited:

Back