Marcus Maddison Via Instagram

@RascaI Did Barnsley have a complete turnover of players? How many first teamers from last season still play this season? I honestly have no idea.

We have 2 players who play consistently this season who also had done last season. Lee Cattermole and George Honeyman.

We should have kept Vaughan though Kildare, you're right. He's prolific and he didn't get relegated from League One.:oops:

You're saying the players I've listed that still play for us you'd rather see starting than the new lads JR has brought in?

No we had a pretty settled team, brought 3or4 in let 3or4 go as I recall.

:lol::lol:

Have you forgotten last season's team? We'd have finished rock bottom again.

Camp
Jones Kone Djilibodji Love
N'Dong Rodwell Gibson
Watmore Vaughan Asoro

Off the top of my head a first team XI from last season. I've excluded loan players. It'd finish bottom of League One.

Why have you missed out Matthews, Honeyman, Oviedo, Cattermole, McGeady and Maja from that?

FFS, it seems like every post on here ends up with the Maja situation.

He didn't want to play, he packed up and fucked off before even sealing his transfer to push it thru....he basically went on strike.

Ross said some kind words about him after he left as he didn't want to bad mouth the lad publicly and in doing so put a line under it so the media couldn't keep asking him questions about it.

There's also folk on here giving the owners shit and saying they cashed in on Maja......how the fuck did they cash in when they spent more on a transfer fee and wages for Maja's replacement?

It's time this was put to bed, the lads done nothing off note since he left and even ended up injured, something that could have easily happened if he had stayed here for the rest of the season.

Move the fuck on or just have a dedicated post for Maja's departure. Sick of seeing his f***ing name tbh.

i mean we could have said that-but we couldnt have implemented it-maja could have refused to play.
charlton lost their main striker in jan as well-didnt spend a penny on a replacemen and went up...

but there was change at other clubs barnsley had a new manager unfamilar with the english game who signed 18 players..charlton had onwerrhsip uncertainty and a caretaker manager -and ross asked to be judged on this season..he specifcially talked his way into the job by saying promotion this year was the goal.
So you think we played the Maja situation correctly ? Personally i'm not a SD hater by any means they did a lot right but i do think they ballsed up on this one to a 'costing us promotion' level and Ross gets the shit for it.

Why have you missed out Matthews, Honeyman, Oviedo, Cattermole, McGeady and Maja from that?

Because I'm over-exaggerating a point. I chose the worst XI I could think of because those are players that needed replacing and therefore haven't (hardly) featured this season. Even if Matthews was in, he's been kept out of the current squad by a CM playing out of position.

McGeady, Cattermole and Oviedo are the only players which we didn't have to replace.

Because I'm over-exaggerating a point. I chose the worst XI I could think of because those are players that needed replacing and therefore haven't (hardly) featured this season. Even if Matthews was in, he's been kept out of the current squad by a CM playing out of position.

McGeady, Cattermole and Oviedo are the only players which we didn't have to replace.
and matthews who we didnt have to replace but chose to..and honeyman we didnt have to replace him-the manager played him ourt of positon all season though..

Matthews was playing start of the season. Its only since Donald has been freezing players out for not signing new contracts he's been dropped. His form did drop as well, mind following injury but bar left back he wasn't given a chance.

and matthews who we didnt have to replace but chose to..and honeyman we didnt have to replace him-the manager played him ourt of positon all season though..

Fair point. It's still a huge overhaul. We'll only need (hopefully) 4/5 signings this season and a couple of them could be squad fillers.

He should be judged on this upcoming season.

He didn't want to play, he packed up and fucked off before even sealing his transfer to push it thru....he basically went on strike.

Ross said some kind words about him after he left as he didn't want to bad mouth the lad publicly and in doing so put a line under it so the media couldn't keep asking him questions about it.

There's also folk on here giving the owners shit and saying they cashed in on Maja......how the fuck did they cash in when they spent more on a transfer fee and wages for Maja's replacement?

It's time this was put to bed, the lads done nothing off note since he left and even ended up injured, something that could have easily happened if he had stayed here for the rest of the season.

Move the fuck on or just have a dedicated post for Maja's departure. Sick of seeing his f***ing name tbh.

You sound incredibly bitter about it. What's your thoughts on Defoe out of interest?

I'm fairly certain this is a case of Chinese whispers.

Back