Marcus Maddison Via Instagram

what style? he came in and said his teams would always concede more than evreage because of the way he sets up but would score lots-that didnt happen.
and the players at his disposal are ones he signed..

The style of conceding but scoring more, like you say. And I agree, some of the players at his disposal were signed by him, yet they didn't suit his style of play.

he signed fewer players than barnsley-who did it on less money and also had a new manager.
jr didnt have to build a new squad..as exemplified by the fact that the captian and top tow goal scoers at the club this season were there when he got there.

:lol::lol:

Have you forgotten last season's team? We'd have finished rock bottom again.

Camp
Jones Kone Djilibodji Love
N'Dong Rodwell Gibson
Watmore Vaughan Asoro

Off the top of my head a first team XI from last season. I've excluded loan players. It'd finish bottom of League One.

Last edited:

Camp
Billy Jones Kone Djilibodji Love
N'Dong Rodwell Gibson
Watmore Vaughan Asoro

Off the top of my head a first team XI from last season. I've excluded loan players. It'd finish bottom of League One.
This. Didn't have to build a new squad. Fuck sake.

Camp
Billy Jones Kone Djilibodji Love
N'Dong Rodwell Gibson
Watmore Vaughan Asoro

kone plays at a higehr level than league one now and wasnt much in the team last season..
vaughan played for a team this season in league one that didnt get related from league one...
rodwell wasnt in the team last season.

most league one teams have huge turnover of playwers-its the nature of the league and not an excuse for a manager failing..teams that got promoted or finsihed higher than us signed mroe players.

This. Didn't have to build a new squad. Fuck sake.
the players he higjlughetd werent in he team last year in many cases-and several played for us this season and so havent left..

kone plays at a higehr level than league one now and wasnt much in the team last season..
vaughan played for a team this season in league one that didnt get related from league one...

most league one teams have huge turnover of playwers-its the nature of the league and not an excuse for a manager failing..teams that got promoted or finsihed higher than us signed mroe players.

the players he higjlughetd werent in he team last year in many cases-and several played for us this season and so havent left..

Do you type using your face?

Soon as Ross took the job, there was only one player who came out and categorically said he wanted to stay, Ethan Robson ffs.

@RascaI Did Barnsley have a complete turnover of players? How many first teamers from last season still play this season? I honestly have no idea.

We have 2 players who play consistently this season who also had done last season. Lee Cattermole and George Honeyman.

We should have kept Vaughan though Kildare, you're right. He's prolific and he didn't get relegated from League One.:oops:

You're saying the players I've listed that still play for us you'd rather see starting than the new lads JR has brought in?

Last edited:
@RascaI Did Barnsley have a complete turnover of players? How many first teamers from last season still play this season? I honestly have no idea.

We have 2 players who play consistently this season who also had done last season. Lee Cattermole and George Honeyman.

We should have kept Vaughan though Kildare, you're right. He's prolific and he didn't get relegated from League One.:oops:
i didnt say we should have kept vaughan-just that he was good enough not to get relegated-of course we couldnt have kep him...though did he score many
maja played half a season and the ony reason we got play offs is he played half a season-same amount as he played last year.
mcgeady was a regualr this season when fit-same as last year..so weare up to four.
barnsely signed 17 playes i think..and lost a striker to a champo club in the summer (same as we did with asoro)

i didnt say we should have kept vaughan-just that he was good enough not to get relegated-of course we couldnt have kep him...though did he score many
maja played half a season and the ony reason we got play offs is he played half a season-same amount as he played last year.
mcgeady was a regualr this season when fit-same as last year..so weare up to four.
barnsely signed 17 playes i think..and lost a striker to a champo club in the summer (same as we did with asoro)

Jason Steele didn't get relegated from the Premier League. That first point you made is daft and I don't undertstand what you're trying to prove. He was shite, we replaced him.
Maja refused to play unless he was sold. What if we took the risk and thought he was bluffing then got no more minutes or goals out of him and he was released on a free in the Summer?
McGeady was a regular, we're up to three first team players from last season that still play for us consistently. Cattermole, Honeyman, McGeady. This means we've had to sign another 8 (atleast) consistent first teamers. As we'd need back-ups for them, we'll go with 11 new first team players - we know how much he's shifted the CB's about and he brought in Grigg too.
I couldn't tell you a thing about Barnsley, so I'm just going to go with you're talking out your arse.

Jason Steele didn't get relegated from the Premier League. That first point you made is daft and I don't undertstand what you're trying to prove. He was shite, we replaced him.
Maja refused to play unless he was sold. What if we took the risk and thought he was bluffing then got no more minutes or goals out of him and he was released on a free in the Summer?
McGeady was a regular, we're up to three first team players from last season that still play for us consistently. Cattermole, Honeyman, McGeady. This means we've had to sign another 8 (atleast) consistent first teamers. As we'd need back-ups for them, we'll go with 11 new first team players - we know how much he's shifted the CB's about and he brought in Grigg too.
I couldn't tell you a thing about Barnsley, so I'm just going to go with you're talking out your arse.

We should have been more assertive earlier on - stated he was staying and meant it. We kept our options on the grounds of money then spent more on worse. He'd have stayed until the summer and scored a hatful if goals and performances were more important to us than cash.

because the squad put up from last year was said to mean we would finsih bottom..yet i highlighted players who have done better than that this season. vaughan was awful for us and actually for his next two clubs...maja was a regualr-we are up to four..in that if maja wasnt there-we wouldnt have finsihed where we di. barnsley sigend 17..they lost a striker to a higher division club in the summer as we did (they lost bradshaw to millwall we lost asoro to swansea0 and they ahad a new manager..and he spent fuck all..high turnover of players ia funcion of this league..almost all teams do it..safc were not unwiue in that regard.,where they were unqiue was in relation to the number of players who wanted out and who made the atmosphere toxic..but they have all gone..
that wasnt anything to do with JR though-he doesnt negotiate with players...

We should have been more assertive earlier on - stated he was staying and meant it. We kept our options on the grounds of money then spent more on worse. He'd have stayed until the summer and scored a hatful if goals and performances were more important to us than cash.
we didnt get any money mofpr maja-not enought that made any sort of differnce-zero moeny came into the club..maja refused to play so had to go..like any employee refusing to wrok would be.,..

Last edited:

If Maja refused to play why was Ross praising his attitude after he left?

"I worked with him for eight months and in that time he was fantastic not only on the pitch but also the way he conducted himself off the pitch. His willingness and desire to improve and get better every day was terrific."

Last edited:
If Maja refused to play why was Ross praising his attitude after he left?
did maja not clear out his locker and leave the club before he had permission to do that?
could jr have been referring to maja atttude when he had maja working for him-ie-when maja was turning up-not referring to the perdio after he refused-as jr wouldnt have seen him then.

because the squad put up from last year was said to mean we would finsih bottom..yet i highlighted players who have done better than that this season. vaughan was awful for us and actually for his next two clubs...maja was a regualr-we are up to four..in that if maja wasnt there-we wouldnt have finsihed where we di. barnsley sigend 17..they lost a striker to a higher division club in the summer as we did (they lost bradshaw to millwall we lost asoro to swansea0 and they ahad a new manager..and he spent fuck all..high turnover of players ia funcion of this league..almost all teams do it..safc were not unwiue in that regard.,where they were unqiue was in relation to the number of players who wanted out and who made the atmosphere toxic..but they have all gone..

we didnt get any money mofpr maja-not enought that made any sort of differnce-zero moeny came into the club..maja refused to play so had to go..like any employee refusing to wrok would be.,..

By that point we'd danced with the devil. It was a case of please sign if you don't we're selling you - they did try but weren't firm enough. My point is that we should have said - 'we're not losing your goals this season at any cost even if you go free in summer' and stuck to it. Don't get me wrong Short's regime were mostly at fault with this for not giving a shite earlier on but losing hm probably cost us promotion and cost us a shot at the premier league. I'm convinced we'd have won at least 6 more points with him in the side.

As another poster said, all but one player apparently didn't want to be here next season.

I still think he should be judged on this upcoming season, not the one we've just had - there was for too much change.

By that point we'd danced with the devil. It was a case of please sign if you don't we're selling you - they did try but weren't firm enough. My point is that we should have said - 'we're not losing your goals this season at any cost even if you go free in summer' and stuck to it. Don't get me wrong Short's regime were mostly at fault with this for not giving a shite earlier on but losing hm probably cost us promotion and cost us a shot at the premier league. I'm convinced we'd have won at least 6 more points with him in the side.
i mean we could have said that-but we couldnt have implemented it-maja could have refused to play.
charlton lost their main striker in jan as well-didnt spend a penny on a replacemen and went up...

As another poster said, all but one player apparently didn't want to be here next season.]

I still think he should be judged on this upcoming season, not the one we've just had - there was for too much change.
but there was change at other clubs barnsley had a new manager unfamilar with the english game who signed 18 players..charlton had onwerrhsip uncertainty and a caretaker manager -and ross asked to be judged on this season..he specifcially talked his way into the job by saying promotion this year was the goal.

Last edited:
Ross only had 1 player and 2 physios at the start of the season. f***ing miracle we got 5th tbf to the blerk. He loves Sunderland now and he loves footy.
one player? whee? he had honeyman, catts, mcgeady, and maja who all started the first game and mumba started aginst charlton as well? and oviedo came on? fuck sake..

Back