Marcus Maddison to Bolton?

I’m not going to say too much but Peterborough covered up a lot of stuff while he was there
I just can't believe they refused our offer and tried to hold out for absurd money only to get nowt and no promotion.

We never went in for him
I thought we did but were knocked back as they were wanting £2mlllion. I thought we offered a few hundred thousand. I may well be wrong but their chairman clearly played hardball and lost.

I thought we did but were knocked back as they were wanting £2mlllion. I thought we offered a few hundred thousand. I may well be wrong but their chairman clearly played hardball and lost.
I can’t remember who but someone from Sunderland said they’d mentioned him in a conversation with Peterborough chairman but were put off by valuation and that was as far as it went.

'Maverick' Maddison was a no-show​

Turning up at full-time for a match you were expected to be in the squad for is bad enough but, when you are staying in the hotel 50 yards from the stadium, it is even worse.

That was the bizarre situation at Bolton for their last home match when Marcus Maddison was a no-show.

The former Peterborough and Hull winger, 27, signed on deadline day from Charlton in February, was nowhere to be seen at the 1.30pm meet ahead of the League Two clash with Barrow.

Logon or register to see this image

+7
Bolton loanee Marcus Maddison (pictured) failed to show for the pre-match meeting
When he finally got there, he had some explaining to do, with sources claiming he had ‘slept in’.

Maddison, described as a ‘maverick’ by Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony, was sent off on his Bolton debut but had the red card rescinded.

Bolton boss Ian Evatt subsequently told the press the player had a ‘sickness bug’.

This guy looks like he's going to be chucked out the last chance saloon​

Slept in. :lol:

What an unprofessional bellend. :lol:

Could have had a fresh start here, but a risk, who knows what would have happened. Seems now the way things have changed he just wouldn't be a good fit - I don't believe he would pass the new owner/management view of a suitable player, which they have mentioned a couple of times.

FFS what was it an 8am KO...

The club don’t say that’s what happened but you’re more than likely right about him. From opportunity to shine in championship to Bolton in a season is some demise. I don’t think he was ever what we needed anyway. We were crying out for pace and physicality and he didn’t offer those any more than Maguire did. Always apparent he was a bit of a dick.

It’s absolutely shocking that we somehow avoided signing him.
Yeah, he’s Grigg/ Graham territory for potentially disastrous signings so would have been typical of our recruitment at the time. I suspect the only reason we didn’t was we actually didn’t have any money.

No mate we never even open talks. The club new too much about his bad rep.
Good on the club then. I wanted us to get him based on his goals and assists. I thought we he would be the key to get Wyke scoring and get us promoted. So glad we are not lumbered with him.

Back