Marcus Maddison to Bolton?

Well no other league one team wanted him , he's a disruptive influence and not popular in the dressing room. Stories emerging of feigning injury and refusing to have a scan and missing training. Not the type of character you want in the club.

How do you know no other side wanted him mate? I mean he was on a free transfer and likely demanded rather high wages for a league one player based on his ability and product. The lad had been a goals and assists machine in this league over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

How do you know no other side wanted him mate? I mean he was on a free transfer and likely demanded rather high wages for a league one player based on his ability and product. The lad had been a goals and assists machine in this league over the past 2 or 3 seasons.
demanded hgher wages? he s gone to bolton on loan..so surely no league one team wanted him on loan?

I hate to disagree, but obviously not , that is why he is plying his trade at Bolton. I think he came on as a sub for Charlton against us, he looked well overweight and for the standard that you are talking about that is not an option if you want a decent club. Having said that talented on his day, but if you want a decent club you need to look after yourself IMO

It's a stop gap, he'll still be picking up his salary and it might not have been easy finding another league club if the decision was made late bearing in mind squad numbers and salary caps.

Perhaps he is a bad egg, but he still performed well at Peterborough and continued to be selected in their team.
demanded hgher wages? he s gone to bolton on loan..so surely no league one team wanted him on loan?

Before he signed for Charlton...

It's a stop gap, he'll still be picking up his salary and it might not have been easy finding another league club if the decision was made late bearing in mind squad numbers and salary caps.

Perhaps he is a bad egg, but he still performed well at Peterborough and continued to be selected in their team.

Before he signed for Charlton...
he ws at hull in the champo who reled him, they got releated to league one and relased him, ie they didnt want him in league one..
charlton in league one dont want him now, though they dd when they signd hm..
peterborough relased hm, when they were n league one..so three leaue one clubs have literal got rid for o money in a short space of time..ndicating he wont be inundated with offers in league one..

he ws at hull in the champo who reled him, they got releated to league one and relased him, ie they didnt want him in league one..
charlton in league one dont want him now, though they dd when they signd hm..
peterborough relased hm, when they were n league one..so three leaue one clubs have literal got rid for o money in a short space of time..ndicating he wont be inundated with offers in league one..

Or Hull couldn't afford him. It's easy this guessing game.

He's a good, proven league one player, you can argue about his attutude all you want, I've never met him personally. We've had a lot of nice lads over the years that have contribued nothing.

Or Hull couldn't afford him. It's easy this guessing game.

He's a good, proven league one player, you can argue about his attutude all you want, I've never met him personally. We've had a lot of nice lads over the years that have contribued nothing.
but hull didnt play him..it wasnt financal..he couldnt make thir team.

Ah of course.

Kildare is back to defend the current owners. And with his usual ‘me deliberately miss letters’ routine.

Ah of course.

Kildare is back to defend the current owners. And with his usual ‘me deliberately miss letters’ routine.
on this thread-sayng they were right not to pay £2.5m for marcus maddison and hose who abused them about it were wrong..yes..i feel a certain vindication on the topic..

'Maverick' Maddison was a no-show​

Turning up at full-time for a match you were expected to be in the squad for is bad enough but, when you are staying in the hotel 50 yards from the stadium, it is even worse.

That was the bizarre situation at Bolton for their last home match when Marcus Maddison was a no-show.

The former Peterborough and Hull winger, 27, signed on deadline day from Charlton in February, was nowhere to be seen at the 1.30pm meet ahead of the League Two clash with Barrow.

Logon or register to see this image

+7
Bolton loanee Marcus Maddison (pictured) failed to show for the pre-match meeting
When he finally got there, he had some explaining to do, with sources claiming he had ‘slept in’.

Maddison, described as a ‘maverick’ by Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony, was sent off on his Bolton debut but had the red card rescinded.

Bolton boss Ian Evatt subsequently told the press the player had a ‘sickness bug’.

This guy looks like he's going to be chucked out the last chance saloon​

Back