Marco

When we signed him it restarted the third division season and then that goal in the play off game, brilliant. Also remember his header at man city in the 3-2 game. We went crazy. One of my favourite players.
All of them! Him and Billy Hughes the most exciting players for us in my lifetime. The equaliser down at Norwich on the opening day of the season when we got promoted back to the First Division was a confirmation he was good enough and was a joy in the sunshine.

All of them! Him and Billy Hughes the most exciting players for us in my lifetime. The equaliser down at Norwich on the opening day of the season when we got promoted back to the First Division was a confirmation he was good enough and was a joy in the sunshine.
What a day that was. Boiling hot, place went wild when he scored. Everyone extra tanked up trying to keep cool. Usual SAFC, great day spoiled by the result.
What a day that was. Boiling hot, place went wild when he scored. Everyone extra tanked up trying to keep cool. Usual SAFC, great day spoiled by the result.
We'd got the train down and spent the pre match in the Complete Angler on the river side, it had an open deck then. Always remember a lad coming round selling these white t-shirts with a ftm badge on in the vaux red an gold, £5 each, few lads got them and we kept them for decades. Also remember Seaburn turning up for the afternoons festivities, although saw no bother. And to finish off, remember going for a piss and saw this lad squatting down on the middle of the bog floor having a shit. Amazing what you find when you are on tour.

Last edited:

Back