Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Malmo's shard effort

Bit of lens distortion work needed though, the 'top' edge is bulging out

Unless it's an issue for the insurers

I like Malmo's shard effort

Bit of lens distortion work needed though, the 'top' edge is bulging out

Unless it's an issue for the insurers

it was really annoying me. It's the shape at the top. the bulge bit is where the it points at a different angle. Didn't notice it on the LCD after I took it.

MalmöMakem said:
it was really annoying me. It's the shape at the top. the bulge bit is where the it points at a different angle. Didn't notice it on the LCD after I took it.

I hadn't noticed it but thanks to ICBYD I'll bear it in mind when voting :)

Interesting looking that. I'm in that there london in early April, might launch a big ten stop attack on it.

costs £25 quid to actually go up the top, but you could get some good river shots of it. straight across the other side is a few nice buildings including the gherkin, and tower bridge is right by it.

MalmöMakem said:
costs £25 quid to actually go up the top, but you could get some good river shots of it. straight across the other side is a few nice buildings including the gherkin, and tower bridge is right by it.

Cheers mate.

Steam train came through our town yesterday, so went down to have a look. The plan was to get a shot of it in the distance, out of focus, at the end of the 2 mile long straight. Stupid thing had broken down and was replaced by a diesel engine. Cue 15 very pissed off trainspotters who had driven from all over the country to see it and me laughing at them. Back to the drawing board.

Wasn't particularly intending entering this month - though thought I would give it a go since it may the final month.

I was delighted to see the Flying Scotsman at the National Railway Museum. The last two visits I made - it wasn't visible on the shop floor or the workshop.

I saw this come steaming through Horden on one of its many "final runs" on the North East Coastal Route back in the late 70s or early 80s.

Recently bought a Sony RX100 - based upon the reviews I read of it. Its a compact camera with a 1" sensor and maximum F1.8. Very pleased with it so far - though the light in the Museum Workshop wasn't the best.

For anyone interested in the engine's state of refurbishment - there are a few other shots showing where its up to on the Flickr account - which can be reached by clicking the photo in the competition page.

It's like loads of black n white prophecies of doom this month.

I blame the recession!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back