March & April Comp - PEOPLE - Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
Hi everyone,

Before saying anything else, I have been lax in pointing out that competition entries should be taken between the creation of this post (each month) and the closing deadline. No archive photos please. Let's get those cameras out!

The theme for March and April is People. The interpretation is yours. The photo must have at least one person in it. Must be visible but can be a lone figure on a hillside, a crowd, a close up portrait, a silhouette, whatever. I don't have to be able to pick them out of a line up but they do need to be a feature or the main subject of the photo! So loads of options.

Some articles and ideas;
People and Portrait Photography Tips -- National Geographic
What is An Environmental Portrait - Tips & Examples - 121Clicks.com
Environmental Portraiture Yeah!
11 Best Portrait Photographers to Inspire You - FilterGrade
Royalty Free People Enjoying The Environment Pictures, Images and Stock Photos - iStock
8 Tips for Making Better Environmental Portraits in Natural Light

Photos from now until end of Sunday 5th May (might as well give you that extra weekend for shooting). Then;
  • Post your picture directly in this thread. Please keep the previous rules of no larger than 2000 pixels on long edge, 5MB in size.
  • You can enter up to 3 photos
  • Please consider adding EXIF data, e.g. camera, lens, ISO, aperture, shutter speed.
Please just keep this thread for photo entries. Any discussion required, please use the discussion thread.

Thanks - good luck and enjoy shooting.

Logon or register to see this image

Alone

Canon 550D
75-300 EF @ 270mm
f/5.6
1/320 sec
ISO 800
Handheld

Only work in Lightroom was to monochrome it, slight adjustment to levels, small crop and straightening.

been ages since i entered so I thought why not....plus got new phone yesterday

Taken with my Huawei P30 Pro

f/4.0
ISO-200
1/100 sec
5.6mm

Apeture mode with b/w filter

See how long its been cant even upload it properly doh! -

https://ibb.co/NryS6cW

been ages since i entered so I thought why not....plus got new phone yesterday

Taken with my Huawei P30 Pro

f/4.0
ISO-200
1/100 sec
5.6mm

Apeture mode with b/w filter

SORRY about above been away far too long - can someone tidy it up? - Ive learnt how to do it properly now lol! - #keepthefaith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back