Marathon of the North/10k roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Data

Ha'way then which one are you doing? What's your number?

Marathon for me, #1238

me #3789

Just signed up on Monday and had no training :lol:

10k #3457 would like to get close to 42mins but agreed to run with a m8 so closer to 50mins it will be, good luck all, especially the people running the marathon

10K #2507 - first time done anything like this.

How do you make sure you end up with similar paced runners at the start? Don't want to find myself stuck in the middle of sub-1 hour regulars at the beginning? Do the tortoises just gather at the back?

How do you make sure you end up with similar paced runners at the start? Don't want to find myself stuck in the middle of sub-1 hour regulars at the beginning? Do the tortoises just gather at the back?

Run at your own pace.

Signed up ages ago, forgot all about it until the pack came through. I'm in London at the weekend now so I cant run it :cry:

if its like the one at ghead last year, they section you off and put you in groups. under 45mis set off 1st, then 45-55 then followed by the rest, they will be pace people aswell holding approx finishing time so if you know your a 1hr 5 min pace person find the runner holding that time and keep him in your sights our stay ahead depending on what you are trying to achive.
It was colour coded last year in ghead and im thinking it will be in sunderland to.

I'm in the 10k as well, #2009. Hoping to do better than last year, where I just dipped below the 1hr mark.

I think theyve said there's over 4000 doing it, so a good effort to double the numbers from last year.

if its like the one at ghead last year, they section you off and put you in groups. under 45mis set off 1st, then 45-55 then followed by the rest, they will be pace people aswell holding approx finishing time so if you know your a 1hr 5 min pace person find the runner holding that time and keep him in your sights our stay ahead depending on what you are trying to achive.
It was colour coded last year in ghead and im thinking it will be in sunderland to.

They didn't last year. You just had to push in , if you wanted to be near the front. And I wasn't aware of any pace runners last year, again maybe that is something new this time around.

Marathon for me #546. Planned to be around 3:30, more likely to be 4hrs.
2nd marathon after Kielder last year.

I'll be there to see you at the start mate, but will probably be tucking into my fish n chips on the sea front by the time you finish.....:lol:

Pulled up in agony this morning.....tight hamstring.....might need a couple of Ibuprofen before 10am on Sunday!!!

They didn't last year. You just had to push in , if you wanted to be near the front. And I wasn't aware of any pace runners last year, again maybe that is something new this time around.

really? i would thought it would of been planned better than just get in a cue and run, but anyhows im looking forward to it.

Well done everyone who did it.

55.30 for me in the 10k...and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Well done Carrville Mackem , 3hrs 23mins for the marathon.....Kenyans will be nervously looking over their shoulders with your progress....:)

I went for a meal last night and ate so much Nutella that I could not do the 10k run today :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back