Manquillo debut

As there's a current thread, about this player, I thought I'd look back to see what people thought of him.

It seems opinions were divided.

What are peoples thoughts on this young lad...I thought he did very well on his debut, looked good going forward and dropped in well to defend, he did fade in the second half (which was to be expected) but overall (Fingers crossed) I think he might be good signing....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/javi-manquillo.1286631/

weak and can't defend...cheers Davie lad...

He started off well here as stated by a lot on this board in this very thread, with a world class manager like Rafa coaching him we might see this side of him once again.

Thanks for this.

I thought he looked decent when he came back into the side at left-back towards the end of the season. Seemed to want to get forward without neglecting his defensive duties, and while didn't have the impact of PVA at the attacking end of the field, didn't leave the holes PVA did at the back either.

I would have been happy if we'd signed him at the end of the season.

Weren't we tied to a deal to sign him for big money if he played a certain number of games?

Was never worth the kind of money they were taking and that probably impacted how much were ever going to let him get settled in the team.

At a couple of million he is a decent squad player.

Back