Mane or Sterling

Sterling has 8 goals in 13 league appearances. That's 0.61 goals per game. It's his best ever strike rate.
Last season he got 17 in 34 and the season before that 18 in 33. Strike rates of 0.5 and 0.54 goals per game respectively.

He also has 5 goals in 5 champions league games.
Last two seasons in the champions league he scored 5 in 10 and 4 in 8.

One goal in one appearance in the league cup this season, no goals in the league cup in the previous two seasons.

Italy won the world cup in 2006.
I've had Sterling nearly all season in fantasy football, don't worry about when he has been scoring as I'm acutely aware.

In the Premier League he has scored 3 goals in the last 12 games. He scored 5 goals in the first three, so his season totals are skewed compared to his current form.

He also has 1 assist in 15 games, last season he had 15 assists over the season. 15 / 38 which is one assist every 2.5 games, he is currently managing 1 every 15 games. His goal scoring over a season should be one every 2.2 games, in the last 12 games it is one every 4.

In the Premier League (not smashing a load past Atalanta in the CL) Sterling isn't performing. My point is that most people on here will mainly focus on his recent form in the premier league as that is the most popular league for English people.

Both great players, with pace, guile and an eye for goal. For me Mane shades it due his physicality and strength on the ball.

I actually don't rate Sterling. It will sound sacrilegious, but I don't.
Has he improved under Guardiola - absolutely! but I still think his decision making poor. It's all relative, and of course he's a good player, but I don't think he's amazing. Given the number of chances City create, there are others who could do just as well I think.

Has he improved under Guardiola - absolutely! but I still think his decision making poor. It's all relative, and of course he's a good player, but I don't think he's amazing. Given the number of chances City create, there are others who could do just as well I think.
:lol: :lol:

f***ing hell

Back