Manchester Help - Stag

Just getting refurbished mate. Never meant to be up more than a year in the first place.

Dukes is full of wankers as soon as the sun makes an appearance and Barca is rough as fuck.
Aye but they will all def get in as they can sit outside during the day and have some scran is that other pub aswell traditional looking one but it’s new I think

Hoping the wise old SMB can help.

Stag do early June in Manc - Sat is pretty much sorted, but need a bit of help on Friday.

20 lads, ranging from mid 20's to mid 40's, staying at Travelodge Central on Blackfriars St.

I was thinking that Friday afternoon would be a few pubs on the Didsbury Dozen, then because of numbers, on to Printworks to go to Bierkeller on the night.

Questions for wise SMB:

1. Is Didsbury Dozen ok for a stag for a PM slurp or will it be a chew getting in? Would it be easier to do Fallowfield Road from Withington into town?
2. Any better ideas for the Friday? I have not been to Manchester for a while and I doubt Steam Brewery and The Arches are still open

Looking for a few relaxed beers on Fri PM, and somewhere to get food later on where we can book a decent size table (hence Bierkeller)

Thanks in advance!
I would always recommend going to picadilly in a big group. Loads of huge bars and never have a problem with 10+ of us trying to get in most places plus a spoons is there which is always good to start in.

I had my stag do in Manchester, it was a great weekend. Stayed in a Premier Inn around deansgate and went down deansgate locks on the Friday. Have a good weekend mara.

You shouldn't have a problem getting in anywhere in Didsbury during the afternoon. Might have trouble fitting 20 into some of the bars on a Friday night.
If you do decide to come away from the city centre Didsbury is 20 minutes on the tram.
I live in Didsbury so if you want any information on any of the bars/route or Manchester in general drop me a PM.

i don't know manchester all that well, but from what i've experienced, big groups of lads tend to be refused entry to certain places. Even groups of 5+ so 20 might have bother, dunno, just food for thought.
We went there a few years back and split into groups of 2 and 3 and still couldn’t get in.
Some bar on deansgate lock , we queues for about 20 minutes, for the bouncer to refuse the 3 of us when we got to the front.
Manchester is f***ing hard work.
The same 20 or so lads went to Liverpool a few months later, and walking down Matthews street was like bring abroad - birds coming up trying to entice you in to the bar with free shots -

I had my stag do in Manchester, too. It was a Saturday which consisted of watching the FA Cup final in a pub (2011, Man City won), curry, comedy store, with pubs and clubs in between. Canny day it was.

Hoping the wise old SMB can help.

Stag do early June in Manc - Sat is pretty much sorted, but need a bit of help on Friday.

20 lads, ranging from mid 20's to mid 40's, staying at Travelodge Central on Blackfriars St.

I was thinking that Friday afternoon would be a few pubs on the Didsbury Dozen, then because of numbers, on to Printworks to go to Bierkeller on the night.

Questions for wise SMB:

1. Is Didsbury Dozen ok for a stag for a PM slurp or will it be a chew getting in? Would it be easier to do Fallowfield Road from Withington into town?
2. Any better ideas for the Friday? I have not been to Manchester for a while and I doubt Steam Brewery and The Arches are still open

Looking for a few relaxed beers on Fri PM, and somewhere to get food later on where we can book a decent size table (hence Bierkeller)

Thanks in advance!
You'll be fine with the didsbury dozen. I was out in didsbury with a few mates for an afternoon drink between xmas and new year and no bother at all.

The lads i play 5 -a - side with have just about given up on manchester for a night out, as we were fed up of getting knocked back at too many places.

"Didsbury dozen" can be a bit ambiguous and cover a fair distance. Have you got a route in mind?

Thanks again all, really appreciated!

As it's June so sound be warm/sunny dukes in castlefield would definitely be good.

West didsbury ( esp. metropolitan, Woodstock ) are nice in the sun, through to didsbury village have loads of pubs which should be fine

Into town and there are plenty of bars round northern qtr/Piccadilly/ ancoats area

We are actually in Travelodge Ancoats so seems to make sense for NQ or city centre oub crawl Fri afternoon, then like sound of Castlefield for the night . Thanks for the help all..

We are actually in Travelodge Ancoats so seems to make sense for NQ or city centre oub crawl Fri afternoon, then like sound of Castlefield for the night . Thanks for the help all..
I’d say it’s more of s daytime beer garden place

Went to Manchester last year for a stag, spent 20 minutes arguing with the receptionist in the hotel for not letting me in my room before security looked in my wallet and found a key card to a different hotel.

Just goto castelfield during day then peter street on the night ya can’t expect every single person to get in everywhere you just have to ruthless and see them in another place

This isn't directed at the OP as I know he is looking for Friday activities but anybody looking for stuff to do during the day on Saturdays in the the summer in Manchester I would recommend the Piccadilly beer mile. Same premise as the one in Bermondsey (which I know has good Sunderland representation) with lots of Manchester's craft beer breweries popping up in a small area behind Piccadilly station all of which open up as brew taps on Saturday afternoons.

You've got Chorlton Beer Co (open certain weekends), Beer Noveau*, Alphabet Brewery (ABC), Beer Merchants (not a brewery but a craft beer supplier), Track, Cloudwater & GRUB Food Fair (street food event with beers supplied by Runway Brewery) all within 10 minutes walk of each other and then you can work back into the Northern Quarter.
There is another half to it but they are further away and open more sporadically so I tend to do them as a separate crawl.

Information on the full route here: Manchester’s Brew Taps: A New Beer Mile

A cracking day out on the slurp :)

Back