Manchester Help - Stag

Village Idiot

Midfield
Hoping the wise old SMB can help.

Stag do early June in Manc - Sat is pretty much sorted, but need a bit of help on Friday.

20 lads, ranging from mid 20's to mid 40's, staying at Travelodge Central on Blackfriars St.

I was thinking that Friday afternoon would be a few pubs on the Didsbury Dozen, then because of numbers, on to Printworks to go to Bierkeller on the night.

Questions for wise SMB:

1. Is Didsbury Dozen ok for a stag for a PM slurp or will it be a chew getting in? Would it be easier to do Fallowfield Road from Withington into town?
2. Any better ideas for the Friday? I have not been to Manchester for a while and I doubt Steam Brewery and The Arches are still open

Looking for a few relaxed beers on Fri PM, and somewhere to get food later on where we can book a decent size table (hence Bierkeller)

Thanks in advance!

i don't know manchester all that well, but from what i've experienced, big groups of lads tend to be refused entry to certain places. Even groups of 5+ so 20 might have bother, dunno, just food for thought.

Questions for wise SMB:

1. Is Didsbury Dozen ok for a stag for a PM slurp or will it be a chew getting in? Would it be easier to do Fallowfield Road from Withington into town?

2. Any better ideas for the Friday? I have not been to Manchester for a while and I doubt Steam Brewery and The Arches are still open

Looking for a few relaxed beers on Fri PM, and somewhere to get food later on where we can book a decent size table (hence Bierkeller)

Thanks in advance!

If you're doing it afternoon/early evening I cant see it being a problem at all. Shouldn't be an issue getting in anywhere. If not you could do a city centre pub crawl (I can help with that if you wanted)

Bierkeller is a shithole, but you know that already. As has been said you'll struggle pretty much anywhere with 5+ never mind 20+. Getting in early will help.

Not sure if Grub will be open here Mayfield Manchester | Home

Maybe this place Manchester - Junkyard Golf Club
Or Bowling Manchester - Ten Pin Bowling in Manchester City Centre -

Won't be any problem getting into the normal pubs in Didsbury, its wasn't as packed out as it used to be last time I was there, but seems a bit of a trek if you're going to and from the city centre. I was asking the locals for a better route when I was there and Oxford Road into town was recommended, but these were real aley types so might not be what you're after.

Won't be any problem getting into the normal pubs in Didsbury, its wasn't as packed out as it used to be last time I was there, but seems a bit of a trek if you're going to and from the city centre. I was asking the locals for a better route when I was there and Oxford Road into town was recommended, but these were real aley types so might not be what you're after.
Yeah Oxford Road is probably a better idea I reckon. See if the Lass O Gowrie is still there

i don't know manchester all that well, but from what i've experienced, big groups of lads tend to be refused entry to certain places. Even groups of 5+ so 20 might have bother, dunno, just food for thought.
Was about to comment. Nightmare getting in a lot of places.

Go down castlefields dukes and that loads bars by canal or goto peter street alberts schloss loads bars aroun there for your age group dirty martini oust house also good

oust house and dukes both have huge outdoor drinking areas so doesn’t matter how many there is

Last edited:
Go down castlefields dukes and that loads bars by canal or goto peter street alberts schloss loads bars aroun there for your age group dirty martini oust house also good

oust house and dukes both have huge outdoor drinking areas so doesn’t matter how many there is
Spot on thanks!

went a year back on a stag and got in the bars fine on the daytime, was bit stricter on the night, couple got knocked back but its no way as strict as Leeds

So you know @Village Idiot Oust House is shut at the minute.

No chance you'll get in Albert Schloss on a Friday/Saturday with more than 5/6 of you.

Northern quarter is obviously the place to drink in Manchester. Should be ok daytime getting in but twenty lads is gonna be more suited to bigger bars in Deansgate and Printworks and even then you’re gonna have to split up into smaller groups.

Back