Managers you were happy with when appointed and turned into a disaster

Will give you that one, don't know why that didn't come to mind...but weren't there murmurings he was unhappy about lack of transfer funds end of season anyhow so could have potentially turned sour

It was a struggle after him mind. Yeah I think the England job clouds it for a lot of people, plenty of rumblings about not enough funds before he left.

McMenemy. Enough said.
Poyet. The Brighton games I'd seen they played for possession but not the slow laborious crap we got.
Moyes. I thought we'd have a tough 1st season just like his 1st with Everton, but, that he'd replace enough of the dead wood to have us comfortable the season after.
Coleman. I hoped that being an international manager would make him better at getting a tune out of what was available rather than having to sign players.
Ross. I was concerned he might run back to Scotland & refuse to come back like he did at Pools but the clips I saw of his St Mirren sides were very positive.

Moyes, by a long way. I thought we’d consolidate top half. It was obvious after a few weeks he didn’t want to be here.

I had a suspicion that MON might not work when it was revealed his usual back room team weren’t joining.

I went to games under McMenemy but was too young to appreciate his level of failure in earnest.

O’Niell probably because of the job he done at Villa. Played exceptional football with Young, Agbonlahor and Carew upfront and to be fair the pairing of Sessegnon and Bendtner did work well but everything just went to shit after the Cup game at home to Everton. In the end I couldn’t wait to see the back of him, games were starting to be unwatchable.

We played some good stuff 2nd half of that season, kone, kirchoff, Tunisian winger whose name i can't remember were all class. Didn't sam start pickford that year as well and keep him in the team ?
Khazri and yes none of them looked the same under Moyes

Back