Managers such as Sean Dyche

Apparently got offered the Everton job a few months ago. Mental that he didn't take it probably out of a sense of loyalty to Burnley? Let's see how loyal they are to him in a few months time if they're still bottom 3. That's why they shouldn't have any qualms about jumping ship to a bigger and better job imo

They'd be mental to sack him even if they go down imo. Unless he's had a total catastrophic season where he's lot the plot like and fallen out with everyone.
They'd be mental to sack him even if they go down imo. Unless he's had a total catastrophic season where he's lot the plot like and fallen out with everyone.
How many times have owners panicked for fear of losing out on the PL gravy train? It wouldn't surprise me at all now the Burnley owners will be thinking of themselves as an "established" PL club

Ah fuck. Just realised what I've done. No doubt the mods will hang me out to dry on here for a long while yet
It was interesting though. Burnley should improve when they exit the europa league.

How many times have owners panicked for fear of losing out on the PL gravy train? It wouldn't surprise me at all now the Burnley owners will be thinking of themselves as an "established" PL club
It depends how the owners want to run the club and their relationship with dyche.

Gamble on boom bust and achieve what?

Stick with financial prudence and be lower prem/top 6 old 2nd division + cup runs.

Last edited:
It was interesting though. Burnley should improve when they exit the europa league.

It depends how the owners want to run the club and their relationship with dyche.

Gamble on boom bust and achieve what?

Stick with financial prudence and be lower prem/top 6 old 2nd division + cup runs.
I know in the past they weren't expecting much and so they've stuck with Dyche, but I think this time will be different.

Last time they were expected to go down. Now they finished 7th so there's higher expectations. A bit like us under Reid.

The board will be quite happy, but the fans will lose patience. Remember when Stoke came up in 2008 and there was always reports on their passionate fans but a few seasons of mid table mediocrity soon knocked the enthusiasm out of them.

Back