Management supervisions

Lewberry pie

Striker
Does anyone else work do these, I imagine they're pretty standard practice and they make sense in my work but fuck me I hate them.

I've worked for myself since I left school and only now in me 30s have got a job and the shit you have to go through is unreal, constantly appraised and assessed like your entire life is some weird X factor show without the millions at the end.

I think I preferred when I could just not give a fuck working for myself, I like getting paid when on holiday like.

Does anyone else work do these, I imagine they're pretty standard practice and they make sense in my work but fuck me I hate them.

I've worked for myself since I left school and only now in me 30s have got a job and the shit you have to go through is unreal, constantly appraised and assessed like your entire life is some weird X factor show without the millions at the end.

I think I preferred when I could just not give a fuck working for myself, I like getting paid when on holiday like.

In your 30s

Fuck off man :lol:

Many place expect you to justify your existence and some people make a career out of filling in forms on other people. Often an OTT system.

I do 17 a month. Do my tits in.

HOWEVER I have moved every one forward and three promotions and 4 encouraged to promote self learning for career development.

I motivate.

Depends on your manager and how you get on with them. They can be good for you to discuss any concerns you have. A couple of times I've requested them myself to make sure everything is going on the right lines. Or they can be more a manager giving direction and covering their own arse.

Depends on your manager and how you get on with them. They can be good for you to discuss any concerns you have. A couple of times I've requested them myself to make sure everything is going on the right lines. Or they can be more a manager giving direction and covering their own arse.
Licky arse

;)

Not many work for themselves that long then go n work for the man like.

Performance reviews are a great thing. Those that don’t like them are usually

the people who coast through life doing the bare minimum,
the ones who have a vastly over inflated opinion of how good they are and are fearful of hearing the truth,
the ones how aren’t very good at what they should be.

Those that want them done are people who want to improve themselves and sometimes get on and go further which is to be admired.

Performance reviews are a great thing. Those that don’t like them are usually

the people who coast through life doing the bare minimum,
the ones who have a vastly over inflated opinion of how good they are and are fearful of hearing the truth,
the ones how aren’t very good at what they should be.

Those that want them done are people who want to improve themselves and sometimes get on and go further which is to be admired.
Did my first one in 1976 and have done many since (mostly on the evaluating side) and I used to think they were really worthwhile especially if done on a 360 degree basis. Recently though, I think they have gone OTT especially as so many workers are doing their best not to drown in cutbacks - expecting extra pounds of flesh is not really fair especially if any support or pathway or rewards identified are unlikely to materialise.

Back