Man U Palace VAR

What the fuck have I just seen? Game is f***ing finished for me. Surely there can be no VAR fans left? Us sensible people told you this at the outset.

agree, you watch that and think, football is dead.

also maybe just me but Listening to our game and when we scored I’m Now waiting for a VAR check before accepting it’s a goal, even though we don’t have VAR in league 1. Am I the only one...?

How on earth people are arguing that that pen was given is ridiculous.
the lad was a yard away from the ball man.
unless u tie people’s arms together before the game it’s impossible to get out of the way.
The fact that 2 people who are calling the shots week in week out decided that was a pen is frightening.
the ref never give the pen originally.
So var thought he was so wrong that they thought he should look at it is mad.
then for the ref to overturn his original decision is honestly fuckin crazy.
to rub salt into it he deemed that because the keeper came off his line by 1mm or so just beggars belief.

How on earth people are arguing that that pen was given is ridiculous.
the lad was a yard away from the ball man.
unless u tie people’s arms together before the game it’s impossible to get out of the way.
The fact that 2 people who are calling the shots week in week out decided that was a pen is frightening.
the ref never give the pen originally.
So var thought he was so wrong that they thought he should look at it is mad.
then for the ref to overturn his original decision is honestly fuckin crazy.
to rub salt into it he deemed that because the keeper came off his line by 1mm or so just beggars belief.

Spot on. The ‘officials’ are bonkers. Some of The rules are too. Idiots ruining the game.

Isn’t VAR only supposed to be used if a clear and obvious error has been made? These offsides and that goal line call last night are nowhere near clear and obvious mistakes

These close calls should be treated the same as lbw decisions in cricket when only half the ball is hitting the wickets, it reverts to umpires call.

They should be referees call, offsides when a knee is offside could be the same.

Let the officials referee as normal, check with var and if it’s marginal go with the refs original decision.
Since day one, it's been obvious that there should be a margin of error built into VAR, like cricket. The aim is to remove clearly bad decisions, not minisculely fractional 'offences'. I like the cricket system which, backs the umpire's decision, to the point where it is unequivocally wrong. VAR needs to get to this point, quickly.

Did anyone see the hand ball decision in the Arsenal game where a penalty wasn't given. Very similar to the Man Utd one both went to VAR one given one wasn't. If it was down to me I would bring back the deliberate handball rule none of this unnatural position crap which leaves far too much to interpretation

Back