Man likes pussy

So much he cannit bear to be separated from it.

It's not the same as a Guide Dog, and as much as I love cats, I wouldn't claim it's an assistance animal or whatever he's claiming.
Friends of ours have a lad who's autistic. They have 2 house rabbits as they're good pets for autistic kids.

I don't dispute this bloke has a problem, but he can't expect people to bend the rules around him when he's taking an animal into somewhere where fresh food is available.

Someone tell him Morrisons are on Amazon Prime. Groceries without the chance of someone robbing your cat. Result.

Interesting case. I don't see how a well trained cat on a lead is any different to a dog.

Apart from dogs being better than cats obviously.
It's not the same as a Guide Dog, and as much as I love cats, I wouldn't claim it's an assistance animal or whatever he's claiming.
Friends of ours have a lad who's autistic. They have 2 house rabbits as they're good pets for autistic kids.

I don't dispute this bloke has a problem, but he can't expect people to bend the rules around him when he's taking an animal into somewhere where fresh food is available.

Someone tell him Morrisons are on Amazon Prime. Groceries without the chance of someone robbing your cat. Result.
That's the interesting point for me. Are they bending the rules of the Equality Act by not allowing it because it's a cat rather than a more socially accepted dog?

Interesting case. I don't see how a well trained cat on a lead is any different to a dog.

Apart from dogs being better than cats obviously.

That's the interesting point for me. Are they bending the rules of the Equality Act by not allowing it because it's a cat rather than a more socially accepted dog?

A Guide Dog is there to help a person navigate their way around the world because they are blind or deaf (Hearing Dogs).
What this fella needs is a soft toy.

I might sound heartless, but he's going to be utterly inconsolable when that cat dies.
As we all would be with our pets, but I've never put upon our pets to basically hold my hand/paw to go to the shops.

A Guide Dog is there to help a person navigate their way around the world because they are blind or deaf (Hearing Dogs).

I might sound heartless, but he's going to be utterly inconsolable when that cat dies.
As we all would be with our pets, but I've never put upon our pets to basically hold my hand/paw to go to the shops.
You sound heartless

I’m highly surprised he’s managed to train a cat to do as its told. The little bastards usually just do what they want and f🤬ck what anyone else thinks. :lol:

I’m highly surprised he’s managed to train a cat to do as its told. The little bastards usually just do what they want and f🤬ck what anyone else thinks. :lol:

I think they can be trained if you do so when they're young. Basically, in this case, it seems to just need to sit on his shoulder, presumably on a lead.

This "emotional support animal thing" is crazy in the states.

"I've got depression, I can't fly on your plane without my Emotional Support Turkey. And if you refuse, it's discrimination".

Potentiality the of the iceberg

Not heartless at all mate. I completely understand your points. The issue for me, on second reading, is that he says he’s trained it rather than it having some kind of approval.

It’s an interesting testing of the law.
The cat's more hygienic.

(than dog/some of the other customers/etc)
That was my thought. I don’t agree with the hygiene grounds but it might stick if it doesn’t have some kind of approved training.

I might take my emotional support rhino in.

Last edited:
I just hope the cat is okay with this. I know a lot of people take them out on harnesses or bikes (I love Travis and Sigrid who rides in a basket and hisses at dogs.) As an owner of an extremely nervous cat I'm happy to just let cats be cats.

Back