Man kicks snowman’s head off

He wasn't sacked for those offences. What he was sacked for was trivial.
He shouldn't have been out to kick the snowman. Even when caught he showed no remorse or embarrassment. Comes across as a dick, firm and workmates probably delighted to get rid of him. Feel sorry for his child.

He shouldn't have been out to kick the snowman. Even when caught he showed no remorse or embarrassment. Comes across as a dick, firm and workmates probably delighted to get rid of him. Feel sorry for his child.
I don't feel sorry for him, couldn't give a toss about him in reality. I think the decision to end somebody's, anybody's job because of a daft prank like that is as daft as what he did. If he'd gone into a garden and did deliberate damage to anything on the property then fair enough he's lost his job. But a f***ing snowman, I think we need to get a grip. He should have been reprimanded, given a warning and his behaviour monitored.
When he was employed I assume his employers knew about his past so that shouldn't come into it. He's either suitable for the job or he isn't. If he isn't suitable because of his past then get rid of him. But not because he kicked a snowman.

Why do you think he did it in a rage? He was more likely laughing when he did it.
A daft thing to do but not in any way worthy of losing a job over. His employers have massively over reacted but it's the nature of the game these days I suppose. Somebody has complained so we must show them a pound of flesh.

He was at work and he acted irresponsibly.
Anyone else in any other line of work would lose their job.
He also doesn't seem to have shown any contrition for it, so that's hardly helped his case.

It shows his character. He also has not apologised.

You're defending an absolute cretin. Why should anyone have to employ an arsehole and have them represent their company. Don't forget he was agency too.
I'm not defending him. I'm criticising a daft decision.
He was at work and he acted irresponsibly.
Anyone else in any other line of work would lose their job.
He also doesn't seem to have shown any contrition for it, so that's hardly helped his case.
Well if that's a fair reason to lose your job then we live in worrying times. As for remorse that's actually laughable. It was a snowman, he hasn't kicked a kid, nobody was hurt. Remorse for a snowman, Jesus help us.

Last edited:

Well if that's a fair reason to lose your job then we live in worrying times. As for remorse that's actually laughable. It was a snowman, he hasn't kicked a kid, nobody was hurt. Remorse for a snowman, Jesus help us.

I appreciate it seems a bit OTT, but it's a twatish thing to do, and he was caught doing it. He didn't need to do it. He went back and did it several times.
If he hadn't been caught being a dick while on the job, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'd have thought moving him to another round and giving him a warning not to be such a dick while on the job would be enough, but it's not my decision.

It's not remorse for a snowman, it's apologising for upsetting some kids. He's an adult. He didn't need to be a dick. He needs to grow the fuck up.

If his character had been good prior to that incident I'm sure the outcome would have been different. He is an obvious arsehole and has acted the twat while representing the company he was working for. Of course they want rid.

I actually find it baffling anyone can think otherwise :lol:

I appreciate it seems a bit OTT, but it's a twatish thing to do, and he was caught doing it. He didn't need to do it. He went back and did it several times.
If he hadn't been caught being a dick while on the job, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'd have thought moving him to another round and giving him a warning not to be such a dick while on the job would be enough, but it's not my decision.

It's not remorse for a snowman, it's apologising for upsetting some kids. He's an adult. He didn't need to be a dick. He needs to grow the fuck up.
Well he offered to rebuild it but refused to apologise. It was on a public footpath and he said it was in his way. Anyway he's lost his job so the pound of flesh mob will be happy. Justice is done.

Well he offered to rebuild it but refused to apologise. It was on a public footpath and he said it was in his way. Anyway he's lost his job so the pound of flesh mob will be happy. Justice is done.

It's a snowman. It had been snowing. Move round it. It's not like it was a parked car that took up the entire path.
He insulted the parents too. Rebuilding isn't the issue. It's the fact that he felt it was acceptable to kick the fuck out of something a kid had built.

I've already said he should have been moved on and given a reprimand for his actions and a lecture on how he should conduct himself while representing the company.
By the sounds of things he'd already had something similar already.
How you can defend him at all is beyond me - you even say he refused to apologise!

I don't feel sorry for him, couldn't give a toss about him in reality. I think the decision to end somebody's, anybody's job because of a daft prank like that is as daft as what he did. If he'd gone into a garden and did deliberate damage to anything on the property then fair enough he's lost his job. But a f***ing snowman, I think we need to get a grip. He should have been reprimanded, given a warning and his behaviour monitored.
When he was employed I assume his employers knew about his past so that shouldn't come into it. He's either suitable for the job or he isn't. If he isn't suitable because of his past then get rid of him. But not because he kicked a snowman.
Anybody else might not have been sacked, maybe the company were hapoy to get rid of the violent dickhead, Hopefully the firm have employed a better calibre of person to replace him (one who doesn't attack bar workers).

We don't know the full picture though, do we? We don't know his previous history at work, whether he was on any warnings, how he reacted when pulled up about this...any of those things could have contributed to the decision, but it's not the sort of thing the employer could really go public about. And given he's clearly a violent radgepot given the circumstances against the multiple assaults on his record, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if this wasn't the whole story, just the straw that broke the camel's back.

In all seriousness though, it's a trust and respect issue too.
If your kid respects the people who take away the rubbish, what kind of message does it send back if one of them is a twat to him?

It was a dick move and he should apologise. Simple as that.
A trust and respect issue? It's the bloke who takes the bins. :lol:
Tbf it’s criminal damage. Someone’s property and on their land. No different to if he went and booted their mailbox or something tbh. Stupid thing to do and he deserves everything coming to him tbh
It's a snowman :lol:

Sometimes something is just there and it seems funny at the time.

Last edited:
A trust and respect issue? It's the bloke who takes the bins. :lol:

It's a snowman :lol:

If you can't trust someone to shift your bin without hoying the contents everywhere or being respectful of your property, why should you meet them halfway?
Put the bin out where they can get it easily. Make sure the lid is down etc.
Goes both ways.

If you can't trust someone to shift your bin without hoying the contents everywhere or being respectful of your property, why should you meet them halfway?
Put the bin out where they can get it easily. Make sure the lid is down etc.
Goes both ways.
I have no idea what any of that means? I have been putting my bins out for 40 years and not once has there been trust or respect issues.

And if that's the case, you apologise and hope everyone can move on.
You don't insult people and refuse to apologise when you've been a dick.
Own your shit.
I have no issue with that. The bloke is definitely a dickhead.
Well you obviously have a good rapport with your bin folk
I have no rapport with them at all. They empty the bins at 7 am. The postie is a diamond bloke though.

Back