Man kicks snowman’s head off

I've got kids 2, 7 and 9, should not be sacked for this.

Unless it was a 'final straw' sort of situation.

Personally I would never complain about this though, espeically as the snow creature clearly only had a few hours left anyway
I'd say the final straw situation will be correct. He's got a history of violence. Company and workmates are well rid.

I thought I had answered it when I said he's a binman. If he was CEO of the council it might be a bit different if he brought a bit of bad publicity. Anyway there's nothing new I can add to the discussion so I'm out of this thread now. We disagree on what happened so I'll just leave it at that.

I asked about how you'd feel about running your own company - saying "he's a binman" didn't really answer it

But you're right there's nothing new you are going to add - so we'll leave it

No, it's more don't treat people like throwaway commodities just because you can.
What I've noticed on this thread is how much bullshit has been spouted about what happened. It's been said he went into a garden to kick the snowman when it was actually on a public path. He's commited a criminal offence, he's had prior warnings about his behaviour and now you're mentioning poor performance. It's starting to get like the politics forum. Make something up to confirm a bias.
Attacked a barman and two policemen in July, amazingly didn't end up in prison. Comes across as the type who'll never learn.
He's a binman, he kicked what was effectively a pile of snow on a footpath. It was nothing other than a daft thing to do, a but childish. .
As for damaging the good name of bin collecting. What are people going to if do they don't like this bin service? Get another council to empty there's? The reason they've got rid of him is because the story made the headlines. The council feel they have to appease the mob so they got rid. If it hadn't been made into such a big story what he did would have been a quiet word in his ear. Now he's out of work because of the way today we blow everything up into a crisis. It's nuts but it's the modern way.
He's out of work but somebody else isn't.

Last edited:
Attacked a barman and two policemen in July, amazingly didn't end up in prison. Comes across as the type who'll never learn.

He's out of work but somebody else isn't.
I'll just repeat myself one last time. Those offences weren't anything to do with what happened. If they were the reasons he lost the job then I wouldn't be in the thread. He isn't a nice person, we know that. He's 19 and is clearly a bit dim maybe he'll change with age. The reason he lost the job was petty that's my point. Everything else is irrelevant.

Back