Man kicks snowman’s head off

It's a snowman. It had been snowing. Move round it. It's not like it was a parked car that took up the entire path.
He insulted the parents too. Rebuilding isn't the issue. It's the fact that he felt it was acceptable to kick the fuck out of something a kid had built.

I've already said he should have been moved on and given a reprimand for his actions and a lecture on how he should conduct himself while representing the company.
By the sounds of things he'd already had something similar already.
How you can defend him at all is beyond me - you even say he refused to apologise!
Yeah that was a bit of a lame excuse, it was in his way. I agreed with most of your last post but it was a bit of stupidity on his part and likely showing off to his bin mates. For me not something to lose a job over, there's been an over reaction.

A trust and respect issue? It's the bloke who takes the bins. :lol:

It's a snowman :lol:

Sometimes something is just there and it seems funny at the time.
No it’s someone’s item and it’s on their property. Doesn’t really matter what you think of it, it could mean something to someone else. And that is what it is. Hence his sacking, as he committed a criminal offence.

No it’s someone’s item and it’s on their property. Doesn’t really matter what you think of it, it could mean something to someone else. And that is what it is. Hence his sacking, as he committed a criminal offence.
There was no clear boundary. It looked like it was in the street. It was a pile of snow. I’m giving an opinion. I dont care if the bloke got pedalled. It is a really crap criminal offence. When is the court case?

All this shite about the kicking of the snowman and whether that constitutes a 'sacking' or not is clearly someone for FB bellends to wank over

He was agency staff who behaved inappropriately in the eyes of his 'temporary' employer - so they moved him on and replaced him with another agency employee. We do this all the time, but i don't think it's ever called "sacking" someone?
Well if that's a fair reason to lose your job then we live in worrying times. As for remorse that's actually laughable. It was a snowman, he hasn't kicked a kid, nobody was hurt. Remorse for a snowman, Jesus help us.

Think you need to stop focusing on the snowman mate - you're clearly missing the point - it's about his attitude. Which if he's agency staff - i would move him on in a heartbeat and get somebody else

Last edited:
It was on a footpath and I don't think a criminal offence was committed.
All this shite about the kicking of the snowman and whether that constitutes a 'sacking' or not is clearly someone for FB bellends to wank over

He was agency staff who behaved inappropriately in the eyes of his 'temporary' employer - so they moved him on and replaced him with another agency employee. We do this all the time, but i don't think it's ever called "sacking" someone?

Think you need to stop focusing on the snowman mate - you're clearly missing the point - it's about his attitude. Which if he's agency staff - i would move him on in a heartbeat and get somebody else
Aye you're right people are just cheap commodities and expendable. Let's use them then get rid "in a heartbeat" if they put a foot wrong. There'll be another one queuing up for a job so who cares. It's the Thatcher way. Unions have fought against it since the 1800s, but fuck em.

Last edited:
It was on a footpath and I don't think a criminal offence was committed.

Aye you're right people are just cheap commodities and expendable. Let's use them then get rid "in a heartbeat" if they put a foot wrong. There'll be another one queuing up for a job so who cares. It's the Thatcher way. Unions have fought against it since the 1800s, but fuck em.
Aye. It's Thatcher's fault he doesn't have a job anymore.

Oh sorry, you're right - we should really tolerate poor behavior and performance for fear of upsetting any poor soul? :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, you're right - we should really tolerate poor behavior and performance for fear of upsetting any poor soul? :rolleyes:
No, it's more don't treat people like throwaway commodities just because you can.
What I've noticed on this thread is how much bullshit has been spouted about what happened. It's been said he went into a garden to kick the snowman when it was actually on a public path. He's commited a criminal offence, he's had prior warnings about his behaviour and now you're mentioning poor performance. It's starting to get like the politics forum. Make something up to confirm a bias.

No, it's more don't treat people like throwaway commodities just because you can.
What I've noticed on this thread is how much bullshit has been spouted about what happened. It's been said he went into a garden to kick the snowman when it was actually on a public path. He's commited a criminal offence, he's had prior warnings about his behaviour and now you're mentioning poor performance. It's starting to get like the politics forum. Make something up to confirm a bias.
Sign the petition then. One more signature ought to sway Herefordshire Council to reverse their decision and overturn this gross miscarriage of justice against the working man.

Not sure if you run your own business mate?

But if you ever do - and employ agency staff - who then don't do what you expect of them, or potentially damage the good name of your business ?? ............... what would you do? Carry on employing them - or give someone else the opportunity?

I'm interested to know?

I think anyone who chooses to do that is probably a bit of a tw@t if they’re out of their teens but in itself it’s not a sacking offence. Doesn’t seem as though it either was a one off incident or really a sacking though as more a case of not being retained. Probably a good excuse for his employers to get rid of an arsehole.

Not sure if you run your own business mate?

But if you ever do - and employ agency staff - who then don't do what you expect of them, or potentially damage the good name of your business ?? ............... what would you do? Carry on employing them - or give someone else the opportunity?

I'm interested to know?
He's a binman, he kicked what was effectively a pile of snow on a footpath. It was nothing other than a daft thing to do, a but childish. .
As for damaging the good name of bin collecting. What are people going to if do they don't like this bin service? Get another council to empty there's? The reason they've got rid of him is because the story made the headlines. The council feel they have to appease the mob so they got rid. If it hadn't been made into such a big story what he did would have been a quiet word in his ear. Now he's out of work because of the way today we blow everything up into a crisis. It's nuts but it's the modern way.

Last edited:
Oh, think twice, it’s just another day for you and me in paradise

Ex bin man is the man on the street. Sir can you help him. He’s got blisters on the soles of his feet (from kicking snowmen)

He's a binman, he kicked what was effectively a pile of snow on a footpath. It was nothing other than a daft thing to do, a but childish. .
As for damaging the good name of bin collecting. What are people going to if do they don't like this bin service? Get another council to empty there's? The reason they've got rid of him is because the story made the headlines. The council feel they have to appease the mob so they got rid. If it hadn't been made into such a big story what he did would have been a quiet word in his ear. Now he's out of work because of the way today we blow everything up into a crisis. It's nuts but it's the modern way.

So you ignored my question and answered a totally different one that you asked yourself ?

Have you thought about a career in politics? ;)

So you ignored my question and answered a totally different one that you asked yourself ?

Have you thought about a career in politics? ;)
I thought I had answered it when I said he's a binman. If he was CEO of the council it might be a bit different if he brought a bit of bad publicity. Anyway there's nothing new I can add to the discussion so I'm out of this thread now. We disagree on what happened so I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

Back