Man in the High Castle

stewart10

Striker
Just started watching it.

3 things:

1 - it's really good and I'd highly recommend it. I'm interested anyway in the Nazis, and I find the idea of them winning the war and what comes out of it very compelling.

2 - I'm only 3 episodes in, so there may be more to the whole "film" malarky (I hope there is) as currently I dont know why there'd be so much of a fuss over a film....

3 - The Amazon Prime service with the "X-Ray" is awesome, there are so many times i'm watching somethign and I think "What was she in?" so being able to do that on the fly is pretty good!

Anyone else watched it? *No spoilers please*

3 things:

1 - it's really good and I'd highly recommend it. I'm interested anyway in the Nazis, and I find the idea of them winning the war and what comes out of it very compelling.

2 - I'm only 3 episodes in, so there may be more to the whole "film" malarky (I hope there is) as currently I dont know why there'd be so much of a fuss over a film....

3 - The Amazon Prime service with the "X-Ray" is awesome, there are so many times i'm watching somethign and I think "What was she in?" so being able to do that on the fly is pretty good!

Watched it a few months ago. 10/10 I thought it was excellent, the final episode is incredible. Can't wait for season 2.

I got 5 episodes in and kept feeling it needed to get a move on.

I need the storyline in a film of series to keep moving, also it needs to have "characters" to make it interesting. It was just a little too slow and the characters lacked enough life to keep me engaged.

I felt the Cannon City bit on the Rocky Mountain States could have been wrapped up in one episode.

I torn whether to bother as I feel I've had it spoiled for me by its own advertising.
the idea is that the nazis and Japanese won the war, but it's clear from the advertising the this is basically not the case, and they're being lied to. Can someone who watched it confirm this?

have only had a chance to watch the first episode but i'll find the time to watch a few more in the next few days

i have to say that the book is dreadful tho

I torn whether to bother as I feel I've had it spoiled for me by its own advertising.
the idea is that the nazis and Japanese won the war, but it's clear from the advertising the this is basically not the case, and they're being lied to. Can someone who watched it confirm this?

You have misinterpreted the trailer/adverts

3 things:

Were you gutted back in 1945 like?

Will look at that.

Annoyingly Kindle edition is more expensive than the physical edition!
As you probably know, Roth's regarded as one of America's greatest novelists so the standard of writing is higher than a potboiler. I might re-read it actually. It's brilliant.

the problem with any ATL where the nazis win is that its completely implausible - short of Alien intervention there is no way that Germany can take on the 3 other largest economies on the planet and hope to win

but i suppose as long as the story is good...

I got put off watching it as I thought I would read the book in case watching it first would spoil the book for me.

The book started good, but then seemed like the writer lost focus and didn't know how to finish it.

A bit like one of my stories I would write for English where I had to write 1000 words, really good beginning and middle of the story then realised I had written 880 words by that point, so wrapped it all up with just over 120 words. Not writing stuff when I don't have to!

I got put off watching it as I thought I would read the book in case watching it first would spoil the book for me.

The book started good, but then seemed like the writer lost focus and didn't know how to finish it.

A bit like one of my stories I would write for English where I had to write 1000 words, really good beginning and middle of the story then realised I had written 880 words by that point, so wrapped it all up with just over 120 words. Not writing stuff when I don't have to!
In my opinion Philip K Dick has great ideas but isn't a great writer. I loved the story of the MITHC but struggled through the book.

Back