Man fined for 240-mile round trip 'to buy bread'

OK sure he is telling a load of porkies, but what is an acceptable distance to drive to get your essential food supplies? I would have thought that once you are in your motor and the doors are closed you are not really a bio hazard to anyone. Say you are a rich fecker and want to shop at Waitrose, would it be acceptable to drive past Tesco, Asda, Morrisons etc., to go and buy your favourite variety of bread?

Last edited:
OK sure he is telling a load of porkies, but what is an acceptable distance to drive to get your essential food supplies? I would have thought that once you are in your motor and the doors are closed you are not really a bio hazard to anyone. Say you are a rich fecker and want to shop at Waitrose, would it be acceptable to drive past Tesco, Asda, Morrisons etc., to go and buy your favourite variety of bread?

No one has this answer.

It's a good question mind.

I'm sure a common sense approach can be taken. You're allowed to visit takeaways, same rule could apply that you pass others to go to your favourite.

As long as your favoured shop / takeaway is say, within 20 mins I can't imagine that would be a problem.

Think my nearest Waitrose is about 40 mins away so I'll not be visiting

brilliant excuse though. cant believe he could say it with a straight face 😂

110mph though, has to be a big punishment , unless he is minted and has a good lawyer

Back