Man City U21's - Confirmed Tues 22nd Feb

What's a final appearance worth out of interest ?

£100k for the winners iirc.

Prize money
Each EFL Club to receive a participation fee of £20,000, in addition to the following competition fund

Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw

Round Two: £20k for a win

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

So we’ve made 95k thus far and a winning run would net us nigh on 250 in total. Not bad.

Last edited:
I assume the gate money from the final is split between the clubs so a 50,000 crowd at £30 a ticket would be an extra £750,000.

Completely made up figures mind I’m not sure how much final tickets would be.

Prize money
Each EFL Club to receive a participation fee of £20,000, in addition to the following competition fund

Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw

Round Two: £20k for a win

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

So we have made over £100k already and presumably also made a few bob on the gate on Tuesday with another home game to come and I also think you get a share of the gate receipts in the final which would be the big reward.

I assume the gate money from the final is split between the clubs so a 50,000 crowd at £30 a ticket would be an extra £750,000.

Completely made up figures mind I’m not sure how much final tickets would be.

Normally the FA take a cut in the FA Cup and I assume the EFL will also take a cut here, plus as Wembley is owned by the FA they will not be letting the EFL use the venue for free. I also think a percentage of the final receipts goes into the pot to effectively pay the prize money in the earlier rounds.

The U21 sides put in £1,000,000 total last season and that was increased to £2,000,000 this time round and they also forgo their match expenses in the group stages.

Last edited:
Could we ask Man City and the EFL to get this game moved to the blank Saturday on the 26th instead of playing it on the previous Tuesday night? Crowd would be far bigger and would just be a better day out for the fans.

Had a look and Man City have no fixtures listed for their EDS side that weekend.

Maybe not the draw we wanted but at least if we win and get to Wembley it definately will not be an U21 side we play against.

So the BLANK Saturday is part of an FA Cup weekend..... Yes?

However you want to disrupt that with a so called tinpot competition (Not my words but the majority of posters on here) game over the FA Cup weekend. f***ing good luck with that. What a stupid f***ing suggestion......!

People on here moan that the FA cup has sold its soul..........!!!!

Well my friend no bigger example than an idea like this being proposed.

So the BLANK Saturday is part of an FA Cup weekend..... Yes?

However you want to disrupt that with a so called tinpot competition (Not my words but the majority of posters on here) game over the FA Cup weekend. f***ing good luck with that. What a stupid f***ing suggestion......!

People on here moan that the FA cup has sold its soul..........!!!!

Well my friend no bigger example than an idea like this being proposed.
Seems logical all around. No FA cup televised in the U.K. at 3 on Saturday anyway. I have little interest in FA cup once we are out, let’s hope they change it to the Saturday.

Seems logical all around. No FA cup televised in the U.K. at 3 on Saturday anyway. I have little interest in FA cup once we are out, let’s hope they change it to the Saturday.

Logical...... FFS man.....Really?

There is a reason certain competitions are played on a weekday night......

FFS MATE its the FA CUP Weekend......!!!!!!!!

Logical...... FFS man.....Really?

There is a reason certain competitions are played on a weekday night......

FFS MATE its the FA CUP Weekend......!!!!!!!!
I will be watching the 12.45 and 5.30 games on TV in the city whilst going to the game at 3, hopefully. It’s very difficult for fans out of town to keep making this journeys to the SOL midweek especially given what a basket case North East transport is. I really hope this is changed, checkatrade games have been moved before, if we and city agree I don’t see what’s the problem.

Back