Man City not even having season cards

makes perfect sense. I've got google pay and use my phone for banking, railcard and train tickets.

Any modern day smart phone is (or should be) capable of keeping enough charge for a day if charged sensibly. I charged mine last night and have since travelled home from Liverpool connected to bluetooth headphones using social media for about 95% of the journey and I've still got 25% charge. If you're at the match the following day, charge phone and unless the match is kicking off at 11:30pm the following day you'll be fine.

Haven't read the article but I suspect this idea is to cut back on plastic too as is the way of the modern world.

No good if your already in Sunderland on a match day & you've lost your phone

Exactly the same as if you are in Sunderland on a match day and you lose ya season card tho innit!
Fans to use tickets on mobile devices to enter stadium. Fans without them will be given a secondary ticketing solution?? Whatever that is!! Just give them all a ticket man. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

good! hope we follow suit, the less we need to carry about the better.

Exactly the same as if you are in Sunderland on a match day and you lose ya season card tho innit!

good! hope we follow suit, the less we need to carry about the better.
Yes but as I pointed out you could just gan to the ticket office & get a replacement ticket for that match or least you could do

I think it should be an option like rather than the norm. I agree with you there. Lots of old timers who might not have a phone with NFC technology.

Id like it to be an option for SAFC
This has been an option, not compulsory, for tickets for flights, cinema, theatre, trains, gigs etc for years now.

Not surprised football is catching up.

Last edited:
makes perfect sense. I've got google pay and use my phone for banking, railcard and train tickets.

Any modern day smart phone is (or should be) capable of keeping enough charge for a day if charged sensibly. I charged mine last night and have since travelled home from Liverpool connected to bluetooth headphones using social media for about 95% of the journey and I've still got 25% charge. If you're at the match the following day, charge phone and unless the match is kicking off at 11:30pm the following day you'll be fine.

Haven't read the article but I suspect this idea is to cut back on plastic too as is the way of the modern world.
It’s still instilling the notion that everyone should have a bang up to date smartphone. That should be a choice, not a necessity.

Back