Man City atmosphere

It didn't touch his arm. But even if it had it wasn't deliberate and it would still have then hit the rest of his body and gone in. It's actually a reason why VAR is shite as if replays had shown it hit his arm, even if it was only slightly, the ref would have disallowed it.

It's the same with challenges, once VAR comes into it it's simply looking for any contact with the man and not the ball to give a foul without considering the amount of contact.

The ref never even got to see the angle the showed it clipped his arm to give his opinion, that’s my point. Anyway I don’t like VAR one bit from a supporters perspective at the match. Although Sky’s armchair masses will lap it up unfortunately. VAR break in association with Budweiser :neutral:

We were once accused of it, 1973 FA cup replay against man city.
But what they heard was the Roker Roar in full voice.
Still talked about to this day, and never bettered.
My dad's told me this. I thought it was another club, Sheff utd maybe?
Did they have officials in the ground looking for the speakers?

The VAR novelty will wear thin very quickly.
Yeah, it’s kind of a novelty in the same way linesmen were originally a novelty when they were introduced to the game.

Can’t see it going anywhere. And the criticism of it is absolutely bizarre given that it’s something which works perfectly in every other sport which uses a version of it.

Back