Man City atmosphere

People will just stop going mad, it will become benign and tedious, it’s for arm chair football fans. I’m just waiting for the first VAR ad sponsored by.....

After it bounced off his arm aye. Point stands, the ref didn’t see all the angles.

Fair point about the arm chair fans tbh

People will just stop going mad, it will become benign and tedious, it’s for arm chair football fans. I’m just waiting for the first VAR ad sponsored by.....

After it bounced off his arm aye. Point stands, the ref didn’t see all the angles.
I agreed with two things last night mentioned by Rio Ferdinand, the ball hit his arm (see his flesh wobble) , and Kevin de bruyne is the best passer of the ball on the planet

Don't know if Seb but city played a crowed atmosphere through speaker systems last night to obviously bolster what can sometimes be a quiet stadium. I know European clubs have done it in the past. I think its quite a good idea.
I honestly think it is very sad that we are even talking about this..just shows how far things have sank regarding vocal support..

I’m not sure they did get everything right last night, the Spurs goal looked like it came off the lads arm from one of the TV replay angles. The ref actually didn’t get to see that angle on his review.

Definitely got that right as although it looked like it may have hit his arm from one angle another angle proved it didn't.

It didn't touch his arm. But even if it had it wasn't deliberate and it would still have then hit the rest of his body and gone in. It's actually a reason why VAR is shite as if replays had shown it hit his arm, even if it was only slightly, the ref would have disallowed it.

It's the same with challenges, once VAR comes into it it's simply looking for any contact with the man and not the ball to give a foul without considering the amount of contact.

Last edited:
The skin on his arm wobbled from the impact mind

That aside, i prefer wrong decisions to waiting for some gadgies watching the telly. It totally kills the moment. Football is all about those moments.

Must have just been from contact with another player or whatever as one of the angles proved it didn't hit his arm. Bit like in cricket when front on it looks possible then side on shows clear daylight between bat and ball.

Totally agree by the way. Goal line tech has been brilliant, getting the correct calls with no delays. VAR is causing controversy over very tight calls.

Well aye but the piped atmosphere is the thread subject and you basically ignored it and said the atmosphere was class :lol:

Interesting
Fake cheering! Video alleges Manchester City tested crowd noise on speakers ahead of Champions League clash, watch

Well, with such a grasp of English grammar as this, that’s all the evidence of good journalism I need!

“Now with the bad news of loss, an embarrassing news have arrived for the team with the video which reveals that the team was planning to create an atmosphere using speakers during their clash against Spur.”

Back