Man assaulted after son wearing black n white in Sland

Funny how the tables are turned when it's a mag who gets filled in and somehow its his own fault :lol:

Not that bothered meself ,the fatha sounds a right clown for letting his youngin go out in Sunderland in a full barcode kit,I bet he was laughing himsel silly beforehand at the thought of winding a few people up :lol:

I think the fundamental difference is that this occurred in Amble, a comparatively neutral place, if you wear rival colours in Newcastle or Sunderland City centre you are sort if asking for trouble.

The best thing to do if you see someone, or even better, a group of people wearing a Newcastle shirt in Sunderland is to walk on by as if you hadn’t even noticed it.
There’s a reason they’ll have worn their shirt and if there’s no response to their provocation it will have more impact than rising to the bait.

Shildon Mags :lol:

Yeah its silly but if you act like a dick you deserve what you get at times. Take ownership for your own shit decisions and choices and judgement. Why even do it ffs

Was at the back of the north stand about 12 year and we were playing Liverpool I think and this dude came up the steps with his bairn wearing their strip. Bairn was about 6 maybe. Anyway this bloke starts having a go at the dad and the bairn starts blubbing like fook and the dad was fuming but had to walk away and leave to calm the kid down.
They never came back up. The bloke got a canny bit of grief for upsetting the kid. Was the dad being a bit daft or was he well within his rights to think he should be able to take his bairn anywhere he likes without some bellend having a go?

Was at the back of the north stand about 12 year and we were playing Liverpool I think and this dude came up the steps with his bairn wearing their strip. Bairn was about 6 maybe. Anyway this bloke starts having a go at the dad and the bairn starts blubbing like fook and the dad was fuming but had to walk away and leave to calm the kid down.
They never came back up. The bloke got a canny bit of grief for upsetting the kid. Was the dad being a bit daft or was he well within his rights to think he should be able to take his bairn anywhere he likes without some bellend having a go?
Think I've read this right, but if you go in the wrong end at a match you should probably try and be subtle about it, not wear your team's shirt.

I wouldn’t dare have ever walked around Newcastle in a Sunderland top, just asking for trouble

I once watched a derby game in Newcastle, no colours on. Think we drew, would’ve been around 2010. Only reason I watched it there was because the Metro wouldn’t have got me to Sunderland til about half time.

The Mags in the pub quickly realised after they scored I wasn’t a Newcastle fan, then shortly after realised I was a Sunderland fan, expected the worst but they genuinely couldn’t have been friendlier given the circumstances.
Remember going to see Trainspotting when it come out in mid 90's and saw it at an old long gone cinema in sunderland. Afterwards, me and my 2 mates went for a pint in a pub near where Yates is now. We were minding our own business when this bloke started looking at us funny and came over getting all aggressive and saying he was going to kick my head in etc. Proper raging he was was, at first I thought he must have just been pissed or heard my accent but he then pointed out my NUFC little pin badge on my lapel which I totally forgot was even there.
I tried to reason with him but he then went to put his head up to mine so I just sparked him clean out, down like a sack of shite he went. Bother was last thing on my mind but he wasnt letting it go so I just flattened him.
We moved onto to a nearby bar where we then got approached by a couple of birds, I thought at first they were going to have a go too but it turns out seeing me action got them horned right up. Next thing I know im heading in a taxi back to hers to give her the time of her life. Never forget the street name. Scruton Avenue it was called, anybody know it ?

#DHOTYA

‘When we got to hers, her family cheered’

Last edited:
I once watched a derby game in Newcastle, no colours on. Think we drew, would’ve been around 2010. Only reason I watched it there was because the Metro wouldn’t have got me to Sunderland til about half time.

The Mags in the pub quickly realised after they scored I wasn’t a Newcastle fan, then shortly after realised I was a Sunderland fan, expected the worst but they genuinely couldn’t have been friendlier given the circumstances.

#DHOTYA

I watched the 3-2 game in 05 in Newcastle. Celebrated with clenched fists when Elliott scored his screamer. I've got a Yorkshire accent so I just said I was a York City fan. Didn't fancy losing the Derby and get smashed by pissed up Mags. Was funny watching their faces drop when we scored and trying to convince themselves that the stonewall pen on Lawrence at the end was a dive

I watched the 3-2 game in 05 in Newcastle. Celebrated with clenched fists when Elliott scored his screamer. I've got a Yorkshire accent so I just said I was a York City fan. Didn't fancy losing the Derby and get smashed by pissed up Mags. Was funny watching their faces drop when we scored and trying to convince themselves that the stonewall pen on Lawrence at the end was a dive
You were safer than me that day. I got clipped on the sly in the side of the head off a mag who'd got behind the barriers then ran off and tried jumping them again. Chased after him and grabbed him as he was halfway over the barrier but police separated us and told me to move on.

I'd have given the snidey fucker a right pasting if they hadn't.

#DHOTYA

It does only take been around the wrong person though to kick off, I just think it’s easier not to wear colours the chances of it going wrong,

You didn’t have colours on though which is always sensible

on the way back from wembley we stopped at tibshelf services. it was chocka with safc fans and there was a middle aged bloke in a mag top going into the bogs. there was some light hearted banter and i was quite chuffed it stayed at that. might have been a different story if we'd been beat i suspect.
he just didn't look like he was one of those gobshites we all know exist but i did wonder why he would knowingly walk amongst hundreds of rival fans like that.

Incredibly stupid idea to take a bairn to the match, wearing opposition colours.

mag friend of mine took his son in a man u top in one if their ends,gallowgate I think,lad is 8, steward wanted to chuck them out all the other mags went mad and told the steward to leave him alone
That the way it should be. But it did get me think up to what age is that acceptable?

Maybe, like I said he may be thick or attention seeking, its still out of order to assualt a 13 year old kid....

I don’t think anyone on here has said it isn’t.

But, for the same reason I wouldn’t walk down the Falls Road with my son wearing a Rangers top or the reason that I lock my door on a night.

Idiots and criminals exist.

Back