Man assaulted after son wearing black n white in Sland

Remember going to see Trainspotting when it come out in mid 90's and saw it at an old long gone cinema in sunderland. Afterwards, me and my 2 mates went for a pint in a pub near where Yates is now. We were minding our own business when this bloke started looking at us funny and came over getting all aggressive and saying he was going to kick my head in etc. Proper raging he was was, at first I thought he must have just been pissed or heard my accent but he then pointed out my NUFC little pin badge on my lapel which I totally forgot was even there.
I tried to reason with him but he then went to put his head up to mine so I just sparked him clean out, down like a sack of shite he went. Bother was last thing on my mind but he wasnt letting it go so I just flattened him.
We moved onto to a nearby bar where we then got approached by a couple of birds, I thought at first they were going to have a go too but it turns out seeing me action got them horned right up. Next thing I know im heading in a taxi back to hers to give her the time of her life. Never forget the street name. Scruton Avenue it was called, anybody know it ?
If you swap Nurses for birds, ambulance for taxi and Scranton Avenue with Kyle Road I’d think it possibly happened

I’m not living in fantasy land at all. There are many variables e.g. location, age of child, time of day etc. A person In most middle class or student areas in Newcastle, for example, would be far less at risk of reprisals or even name calling than they would be near to the football ground on a match day or on a Friday or Saturday night out drinking. When I said ‘it’s not obvious’ I was more referring to context. There are always extremes of behaviour but the Newcastle supporters I know would be welcome in my home and the places I frequent. The more odious supporters would pick a fight with their own shadows if they thought they were looking at a different shirt to their own.
At the end of the day mate, whether you like it or not, if a mag wears a replica top in Sunderland (and vice versa), they are at risk of attracting the wrong sort of attention, as too are the people they're with at the time. It was silly of the Dad letting his son wear his top in Sunderland. He's either lacking street smarts, sense or he was looking for attention. That's not defending the lad that assaulted the Dad, which is awful and unacceptable, even more so considering he was with his son at the time. That'll stick with him for life no doubt.

That's just the way it is however.

To compound their pain, how about we have a whip around for them and pay for a VIP experience to a future Sunderland match, on us, the honourable members of the SMB.

Last edited:

Funny how the tables are turned when it's a mag who gets filled in and somehow its his own fault :lol:

Not that bothered meself ,the fatha sounds a right clown for letting his youngin go out in Sunderland in a full barcode kit,I bet he was laughing himsel silly beforehand at the thought of winding a few people up :lol:
Isn't amble about 50 miles away though? And plus it wasn't a match day and they weren't wearing safc shirts

Remember going to see Trainspotting when it come out in mid 90's and saw it at an old long gone cinema in sunderland. Afterwards, me and my 2 mates went for a pint in a pub near where Yates is now. We were minding our own business when this bloke started looking at us funny and came over getting all aggressive and saying he was going to kick my head in etc. Proper raging he was was, at first I thought he must have just been pissed or heard my accent but he then pointed out my NUFC little pin badge on my lapel which I totally forgot was even there.
I tried to reason with him but he then went to put his head up to mine so I just sparked him clean out, down like a sack of shite he went. Bother was last thing on my mind but he wasnt letting it go so I just flattened him.
We moved onto to a nearby bar where we then got approached by a couple of birds, I thought at first they were going to have a go too but it turns out seeing me action got them horned right up. Next thing I know im heading in a taxi back to hers to give her the time of her life. Never forget the street name. Scruton Avenue it was called, anybody know it ?
Hark at Begbie here. Clean out

Funny how the tables are turned when it's a mag who gets filled in and somehow its his own fault :lol:

Not that bothered meself ,the fatha sounds a right clown for letting his youngin go out in Sunderland in a full barcode kit,I bet he was laughing himsel silly beforehand at the thought of winding a few people up :lol:

Some huge differences in that story mind.

Are you the father in this now deleted Echo article?

Chat shit get banged.
Basically . You need to keep your kids safer than that. Plus if he wanted a reaction he should have worn his own not used the bairn.
Should still never plant a bloke in front of his kids like.
Reads , got clipped ,took out badge , next metro to mummy .

Last edited:

Back