Man assaulted after son wearing black n white in Sland

on the way back from wembley we stopped at tibshelf services. it was chocka with safc fans and there was a middle aged bloke in a mag top going into the bogs. there was some light hearted banter and i was quite chuffed it stayed at that. might have been a different story if we'd been beat i suspect.
he just didn't look like he was one of those gobshites we all know exist but i did wonder why he would knowingly walk amongst hundreds of rival fans like that.

Little bit different but that reminds me of stopping at Wetherby after a match a few years ago, think the mags had been away as well on the same day. Group of black and whites were acting a bit lairy near the entrance sort of passive aggressively but without being too OTT towards a smaller group of SAFC, until a minibus full of lads pulled up with PENNYWELL written on the side in massive letters. Was quite amusing watching the lairyness change to the equivalent of church mice within an instant.

Last edited:

Think I've read this right, but if you go in the wrong end at a match you should probably try and be subtle about it, not wear your team's shirt.
Teams like arsenal, man u and Liverpool did it for years in our ground. You will always have bairns that 'support' one of them from here and also when ends are sold out fans go including tourists
Little bit different but that reminds me of stopping at Wetherby after a match a few years ago, think the mags had been away as well on the same day. Group of black and whites were acting a bit lairy near the entrance sort of passive aggressively but without being too OTT towards a smaller group of SAFC, until a minibus full of lads pulled up with PENNYWELL written on the side in massive letters. Was quite amusing watching the lairyness change to the equivalent of church mice within an instant.
Done that loads of times, and kirkby Stephen as well. Kept me gob shut like as I was at work

Last edited:
Teams like arsenal, man u and Liverpool did it for years in our ground. You will always have bairns that 'support' one of them from here and also when ends are sold out fans go including tourists

Done that loads of times, and kirkby Stephen as well. Kept me gob shut like as I was at work

I might sound like a prick for this but I wouldn’t let them into the ground in an opposition shirt. Just wouldn’t.

Was at the back of the north stand about 12 year and we were playing Liverpool I think and this dude came up the steps with his bairn wearing their strip. Bairn was about 6 maybe. Anyway this bloke starts having a go at the dad and the bairn starts blubbing like fook and the dad was fuming but had to walk away and leave to calm the kid down.
They never came back up. The bloke got a canny bit of grief for upsetting the kid. Was the dad being a bit daft or was he well within his rights to think he should be able to take his bairn anywhere he likes without some bellend having a go?
Bairns in the ground ( apart from mags ) should be allowed to enjoy wearing their colours .

Remember going to see Trainspotting when it come out in mid 90's and saw it at an old long gone cinema in sunderland. Afterwards, me and my 2 mates went for a pint in a pub near where Yates is now. We were minding our own business when this bloke started looking at us funny and came over getting all aggressive and saying he was going to kick my head in etc. Proper raging he was was, at first I thought he must have just been pissed or heard my accent but he then pointed out my NUFC little pin badge on my lapel which I totally forgot was even there.
I tried to reason with him but he then went to put his head up to mine so I just sparked him clean out, down like a sack of shite he went. Bother was last thing on my mind but he wasnt letting it go so I just flattened him.
We moved onto to a nearby bar where we then got approached by a couple of birds, I thought at first they were going to have a go too but it turns out seeing me action got them horned right up. Next thing I know im heading in a taxi back to hers to give her the time of her life. Never forget the street name. Scruton Avenue it was called, anybody know it ?
This just never happened. Typical mag making shit up.

Remember going to see Trainspotting when it come out in mid 90's and saw it at an old long gone cinema in sunderland. Afterwards, me and my 2 mates went for a pint in a pub near where Yates is now. We were minding our own business when this bloke started looking at us funny and came over getting all aggressive and saying he was going to kick my head in etc. Proper raging he was was, at first I thought he must have just been pissed or heard my accent but he then pointed out my NUFC little pin badge on my lapel which I totally forgot was even there.
I tried to reason with him but he then went to put his head up to mine so I just sparked him clean out, down like a sack of shite he went. Bother was last thing on my mind but he wasnt letting it go so I just flattened him.
We moved onto to a nearby bar where we then got approached by a couple of birds, I thought at first they were going to have a go too but it turns out seeing me action got them horned right up. Next thing I know im heading in a taxi back to hers to give her the time of her life. Never forget the street name. Scruton Avenue it was called, anybody know it ?
Jackanory. :lol:

Back