Man arrested over Nikki Allan Murder

Arrest made over 1992 schoolgirl murder

This killing has been like a cloud hanging over the City since 1992 and I can't be the only one who hopes it can finally be put to bed and that the family gets some small degree of closure.

It was a particularly gruesome killing of an innocent child and its hard to imagine the torment her family have suffered.
I'd like to see justice for the little girl, fingers crossed they've got the right person.

This killing has been like a cloud hanging over the City since 1992 and I can't be the only one who hopes it can finally be put to bed and that the family gets some small degree of closure.

It was a particularly gruesome killing of an innocent child and its hard to imagine the torment her family have suffered.
I've just seen the news and for the sake of everyone involved I'd love to see closure on such a sad and horrific case.

I'd like to see justice for the little girl, fingers crossed they've got the right person.

Looks like they have DNA evidence, so hopefully they get the right person this time around.

My eldest daughter was born just 2 months after the murder and she is now 25 and I am sitting here waiting for her to come home. She is working away at the moment and is back tonight for the game tomorrow and I still worry about her (as you do). Sad to think Nikki would have been 32 now and could have had a family herself. Its such a tragic and needless loss of a young life.

Last edited:
arrested in Stockton, i see

wasn't the original prime suspect supposedly sent well away from the area?

Doesn’t sound good that he’s been released. Hopefully they have sumit concrete it’s ridiculous that someone’s got away with it for so long.

wonder if it's the known suspect from the time?

Stockton though, is the strange thing for me. Has it not been said the known bloke was in Wales or Ireland?

Stockton seems a bit to close to Sunderland for him to be, if it is him??

thought dna testing had speeded up considerably but thinking about this case, it maybe a very slight sample left to test after 20 odd years

As said on other thread he may already be inside. He's been released but just back to prison.
arrested in Stockton is getting me, in that link.

that's a bit close if its that previous named suspect. what if it's not him, after all this time?

thought dna testing had speeded up considerably but thinking about this case, it maybe a very slight sample left to test after 20 odd years

that's a bit close if its that previous named suspect. what if it's not him, after all this time?
I doubt it is him. Having read the script of the interview had never believed it was anyway.

Stand to be wrong of course

Then the previously named suspect (who we all know about and who's name is in the public domain) is just another victim in this case.

It'll take a bit of time for the dna test to come back tbh.

They can be rushed through in urgent cases, generally will get a couple of custody clock extensions and the result will be back before the suspect is released.
From what the article I read has said it sounds like DNA found might have just been in the building, if it was it is a long shot as I'm sure I read somewhere it was used by druggies and homeless quite regularly so there is the potential for loads of DNA from people who had nothing to do with Nikkis murder

I never even knew about this. Born in 91' so understandable. What was the deal with the neighbour confessing but it being thrown out because of use of "Oppressive methods"

Back