Malta

Weather will be decent.
Malta will still be a dusty toilet with Terrible roads, no beaches, scummy nightlife and a spattering of lovely churches. And Cisk is fizzy piss.

You should have tried it back in the early 80's. Its pure nectar these days compared to then. Also its pronounced Chisk.

Had to go there frequently for work over recent years. They have their bank holidays during the week which meant I usually got a free day to have a bit of a mooch.

Can't say I loved it though. Just a big rock with some churches on it. The Maltese love eating Rabbit and shooting anything with feathers.

Went to Gozo and Comino on separate occasions. Cisk is canny ... I used to get a six pack in duty free on the way back hyem :)

We went about 12 months ago and it was a shell of itself before the crash - bugiba was a mess and felt very unsafe -getting followed and gangs of people on phones hanging around street corners. Wont be going back, we loved it in the late 90's early 00's

We went about 12 months ago and it was a shell of itself before the crash - bugiba was a mess and felt very unsafe -getting followed and gangs of people on phones hanging around street corners. Wont be going back, we loved it in the late 90's early 00's
spent a week in Bugibba last August, and found it nothing at all like you describe. Everyone was friendly, the places were clean, and we felt very safe everywhere we went. Never saw any gangs on street corners, and nobody 'followed' us. Would definitely go back ( and will) any time.

spent a week in Bugibba last August, and found it nothing at all like you describe. Everyone was friendly, the places were clean, and we felt very safe everywhere we went. Never saw any gangs on street corners, and nobody 'followed' us. Would definitely go back ( and will) any time.
Fair enough = glad your time was better than oursglad your experience was better than ours as the Maltese people are a lovely bunch

Back