malta

Was there a couple of years ago in Sliema and it's very cosmopolitan now - very Italian-orientated food-wise, as well.

Paceville (Patch-e-ville) was a bit mental - never seen so many 'Gentleman's clubs' in one small area - and there seemed to be young 'uns of every nationality but Brits.

Different to when I first went in the late '70s/early '80s. No nightlife to speak of, other than small, hole-in-the-wall, local bars. Some of the posher restaurants still required dress uniform or a full shirt and tie rig-out to get in.

I can remember one afternoon a bunch of Italian lads causing a bit of bother with some of the local lads and lasses. The local coppers pulled up in white ex-army land-rovers (one still had a machine-gun on a swivel-mount on the back) and brayed the eyeties all over the place with what looked like baseball bats, amazingly missing all of the Maltese young 'uns in the process.

Me and our young 'un were gob-smacked and asked why they'd done it. My Grandparents were with us, and Grandad, who'd been based there with the navy during WW2, told us that for a long period it was the Italian airforce that did most of the bombing of the island and the incoming convoys. He just shrugged it off.

We went two years running and never saw a German tourist as it was on of the places they were told to avoid (or so we were told). Totally different now. They're as welcome as any other nationality. When one of your biggest industries is tourism, you can't afford to be fussy.
Interesting comment regards every youngen from alover The world other than Brits. I hope it stays that way being honest. Malta can be like the wild west at times and it's not the place for the Young Brits on the piss type full of mouth. The doorman would simply kick fuck out of them.
One of the main men in Malta was stabbed to death in Malta other week.

I’m over next May.

Either for 2/3 nights or a week depending on circumstances.
If I'm still here you can buy me a beer if you can afford to stay there :lol:

First day living here. 3 job interviews tomorrow, 2 for bar work, 1 working insurance.

Hoping for the third.

The romance that was built up with the Bulgarian chick has already hit the rocks.

See how it goes.
Where abouts you living. We have an unofficial supporters club now

Take me to the place you can get drunk on €14 am across the end of February.
Inbox me nearer the time . I will get you hammered for that price unless you need loads of beer to get pissed

Northern Gas and Power are hiring over there.
Every f***ing company seem to be moving here. Bet 365 next with around 2000 jobs I hear.
I know the lass setting up the energy related jobs

Last edited:
Interesting comment regards every youngen from alover The world other than Brits. I hope it stays that way being honest. Malta can be like the wild west at times and it's not the place for the Young Brits on the piss type full of mouth. The doorman would simply kick fuck out of them.

Inbox me nearer the time . I will get you hammered for that price unless you need loads of beer to get pissed

Every f***ing company seem to be moving here. Bet 365 next with around 2000 jobs I hear.
I’m staying at DB Seabank for a mates wedding.

I’ll still shout a beer if you’re there.

I’m staying at DB Seabank for a mates wedding.

I’ll still shout a beer if you’re there.
Hopefully I will. My rental contract runs out in January. If they increase it by too much I may have to choice but to leave.
Currently pay 800 a month , some landlords doubling the rent as too many people moving here

Triq c Tanti in St Paul's. Flat is shite but it's a start. She's been here a year and landlord has gave no help. I've already asked for new toilet (leaks) and new front door. He's delivered on door. No job as of yet, but still got enough for 6 months rent and living. Going to see about a job cleaning pools tomorrow.

And yes, I'm burnt to a crisp. So much so that when she got home from work last night and wanted some loving I couldn't comply. Stuck a stray thumb in.

Triq c Tanti in St Paul's. Flat is shite but it's a start. She's been here a year and landlord has gave no help. I've already asked for new toilet (leaks) and new front door. He's delivered on door. No job as of yet, but still got enough for 6 months rent and living. Going to see about a job cleaning pools tomorrow.

And yes, I'm burnt to a crisp. So much so that when she got home from work last night and wanted some loving I couldn't comply. Stuck a stray thumb in.
Pm me marra

My second home,started going early eighties, last 15 years in the same hotel away from the crowd.

Back