malta

Sliema or The Waterfront Hotel?
Sliema

Roger, yes it is. How cheap is it mate?
The great thing about Malta, I can take you to bar where the food is free all night and you will be drunk on 14 Euro or I can take you and spend 100 each on stunning meal where the stars eat like Tom

We were paying about €3.50 a pint, €7.50 cocktails, €16 bottle of wine. Eating out our cheapest meal was about €50 most expensive €135.
Did you buy two of everything. I've never spent more than 70 euros on a meal

Last edited:
Sliema

The great thing about Malta, I can take you to bar where the food is free all night and you will be drunk on 14 Euro or I can take you and spend 100 each on stunning meal where the stars eat like Tom

We could probably of found cheaper places but the food we had was fantastic so don't mind paying a bit more.
This place served the best meat I've ever tasted.
Logon or register to see this image

Sliema

Take me to the place you can get drunk on €14 am across the end of February.

Germans are not given a frosty reception.
Was there a couple of years ago in Sliema and it's very cosmopolitan now - very Italian-orientated food-wise, as well.

Paceville (Patch-e-ville) was a bit mental - never seen so many 'Gentleman's clubs' in one small area - and there seemed to be young 'uns of every nationality but Brits.

Different to when I first went in the late '70s/early '80s. No nightlife to speak of, other than small, hole-in-the-wall, local bars. Some of the posher restaurants still required dress uniform or a full shirt and tie rig-out to get in.

I can remember one afternoon a bunch of Italian lads causing a bit of bother with some of the local lads and lasses. The local coppers pulled up in white ex-army land-rovers (one still had a machine-gun on a swivel-mount on the back) and brayed the eyeties all over the place with what looked like baseball bats, amazingly missing all of the Maltese young 'uns in the process.

Me and our young 'un were gob-smacked and asked why they'd done it. My Grandparents were with us, and Grandad, who'd been based there with the navy during WW2, told us that for a long period it was the Italian airforce that did most of the bombing of the island and the incoming convoys. He just shrugged it off.

We went two years running and never saw a German tourist as it was on of the places they were told to avoid (or so we were told). Totally different now. They're as welcome as any other nationality. When one of your biggest industries is tourism, you can't afford to be fussy.

First day living here. 3 job interviews tomorrow, 2 for bar work, 1 working insurance.

Hoping for the third.

The romance that was built up with the Bulgarian chick has already hit the rocks.

See how it goes.

Best of luck marra. Give @Its Him Again a message if you need any advice, or pm myself and I will be more than happy to help (my knowledge is quite limited compared to his)

Back