MALCOLM H closed for good

Poor mans Eddie Mariners ..
Eddie isn't a well man now.
Bloody shame.

As for Malcolm, - his place was top notch in the 80's.
But all the old barbers are retiring now as they are old men
Just these Turkish fly-by night dilutees left in the town now.

By the way, anyone remember John R Hammond in John Street??
Proper owld barber that gadgie.

Malcolm himself aint worked there cutting hair for well over 20 years. Been happily just doing the banking and accounting from his spread in Boldon

I remember Christmas '89. Would've been the day before Christmas Eve. I was 14. It was a time when he had loads of git lush lasses working in there and they all had these tiny little Santa outfits on, I had a favourite who I always liked to cut my hair; petite, pretty blonde girl (they've always been my thing). Just waiting in the queue was a joy, she had stockings on and as she bent slightly, you could just see the tops - it was tremendous. Joy of joys she also did my hair. I swear to God that Christmas was lost in a masturbatory haze, I was nee good for weeks. In fact, I'm getting a twinge just recollecting it 30 years later... If I knew then worra knar now...

I thought fagans was his. .

Fagans was just a few doors along , real gadgies went to fagans, paul calf wannabees went to malcolm H

I remember Christmas '89. Would've been the day before Christmas Eve. I was 14. It was a time when he had loads of git lush lasses working in there and they all had these tiny little Santa outfits on, I had a favourite who I always liked to cut my hair; petite, pretty blonde girl (they've always been my thing). Just waiting in the queue was a joy, she had stockings on and as she bent slightly, you could just see the tops - it was tremendous. Joy of joys she also did my hair. I swear to God that Christmas was lost in a masturbatory haze, I was nee good for weeks. In fact, I'm getting a twinge just recollecting it 30 years later... If I knew then worra knar now...

always a chance its a fellow posters mam :lol:

Aye the dummies. Didn’t matter what you asked for you always got a short back and sides. Two lovely gentlemen.

I'm sure the Dummies was on the right heading away from Southwick Green towards the Albion (also known as the Bush). The barbers opposite the Green was Blakeys next to the sweet shop at the Savoy. I went to Blakeys once for my haircut before going back to school in the September, I'd be about nine, and me dad sent me back to get it finished as he said was crap and wasn't finished

I'm sure the Dummies was on the right heading away from Southwick Green towards the Albion (also known as the Bush). The barbers opposite the Green was Blakeys next to the sweet shop at the Savoy. I went to Blakeys once for my haircut before going back to school in the September, I'd be about nine, and me dad sent me back to get it finished as he said was crap and wasn't finished
Aye there was jimmy and the dummy. Can’t remember the dummies name sadly but that’s what everyone called him. Someone on here surely will know. Can’t remember Blakey’s. Im only 44 mind.

Went to salon70 once. Sat for ages queuing and Stan Cummins walks in and went straight to the front. Nivver liked the short arsed prick after that. Was amazed they didn’t have a special high chair for him. Nivver went back.

The Dummies was on the Green straight over the road to the Savoy - Its still a barbers now.

The one you are on about was John Ds.

I also got my haircuts at Blakeys when i was a kid - Was talking to His son on facebook a few weeks ago.

All the cool kids went to Salon 70 man :cool:

Agreed.

Did you ever get a shave there?

Aye there was jimmy and the dummy. Can’t remember the dummies name sadly but that’s what everyone called him. Someone on here surely will know. Can’t remember Blakey’s. Im only 44 mind.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Southwick-on-Wear memories the dummies&epa=SEARCH_BOX

The Dummies was on the Green straight over the road to the Savoy - Its still a barbers now.

The one you are on about was John Ds.

I also got my haircuts at Blakeys when i was a kid - Was talking to His son on facebook a few weeks ago.

Agreed.

Did you ever get a shave there?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Southwick-on-Wear memories the dummies&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Mr Youern (the Dummy) wasn't doing much and his colleague Jimmy Wilde was signing him instructions.

Last edited:

Back