Making your own beer

gonzalo

Central Defender
Thinking about getting one of these:

Beer Making Kits

Although the kit itself comes with set ingredients, in theory you can make anything with it up to a gallon with the right ingredients.

Any itk beer makers who can shed a bit of light on how good these are, and any decent starting points if I want to get a bit experimental rather than just make the same stuff over and over?

Thinking about getting one of these:

Beer Making Kits

Although the kit itself comes with set ingredients, in theory you can make anything with it up to a gallon with the right ingredients.

Any itk beer makers who can shed a bit of light on how good these are, and any decent starting points if I want to get a bit experimental rather than just make the same stuff over and over?
Advice from @nyron4england is dont sell owt you have spare to Spoons but give it to him and me to sample:D;)

A lot of cash for 8 pints.

That's the thing mate I don't really know where to start, I eventually want to be able to have my own setup but advice I've received is its best to start with these sort of starter kits and I don't really know what to look for.

That's the thing mate I don't really know where to start, I eventually want to be able to have my own setup but advice I've received is its best to start with these sort of starter kits and I don't really know what to look for.

Is there a micro brewery near you?

What’s your budget?

Geterbrewed have 20% off their starter kits at the moment:
£87.20 for full BIAB equipment setup
Equipment :: Complete Brewing Kits :: Simple BIAB Starter Kit - Homebrew Shop | Beer & Wine Kits | Microbrewery Equipment

40 pints for about twice the price of your 8

Great minds - I’ve just posted the same thing

Why? The nearest brewery to me is the alt brew lads down Dawdon

Back in 2003 I went and did a day free at two micro breweries, full day, all graft but I learned so much about the overall process than I ever did from books or videos.

Also if they are a decent brewer they'll have their own yeast culture, which, if they're nice they'll let you have (take your own Tupperware though). It will transform your beer from homebrew to craft ale.

Back